Cruising solo on Carnival

Jeff From NC

I have travel many land destination solo and now I am planning my first solo cruise. I am worried if I get drunk, misbehave, lost control or start buying drinks for a bunch of random people at a bar. I been single and out of the travel league for about 2 years.
Look into the solo cabins on the newer ships on NCL such as the Escape or the upcoming Bliss. One, you don't pay 200% fare, and two, most of the time you can get an included drinks package. If you don't drink, then you can get three free nights in specialty restaurants. Either perk though requires you to pay a gratuity.

Look into the solo cabins on the newer ships on NCL such as the Escape or the upcoming Bliss. One, you don't pay 200% fare, and two, most of the time you can get an included drinks package. If you don't drink, then you can get three free nights in specialty restaurants. Either perk though requires you to pay a gratuity.

Last time I checked, none of the solo cabins have windows or portholes. That and the lack of assigned dining are dealbreakers for me. I will happily pay the solo supplement to get the features I need. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last time I checked, none of the solo cabins have windows or portholes. That and the lack of assigned dining are dealbreakers for me. I will happily pay the solo supplement to get the features I need. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Obviously money is no problem if you're willing to pay 200%, so I would recommend checking out the solo balcony cabins on the new Celebrity Edge, or Ovation of the Seas or Anthem of the Seas on RCI. If you don't need fresh air, the Anthem as well as the Quantum both have virtual reality live screens in some solo cabins that are inside. All of these ships have assigned main/late dining that you require. If you drink, the Edge's balcony cabin should include a drinks package as a perk since OV and above can get it.

I have cruised 15 of my 17 cruises on Carnival solo and loved all 17equally.

I usually play trivia, where I meet lots of fun folks. Go to the main dining room for dinner most nights (unless I'm at the Steakhouse or Chef Table which I have done a few times). Carnival does a great job of seating folks together. Only once did I have a table where most of the other folks didn't come - fortunately a nearby group noticed and insisted I join them. Great multi generations groups that I had a great time getting to know.

I'm a school teacher in a major city so I love the ability to unplug and since i am limited to going during school breaks the ships are always full but also very fun

Try it I think you will enjoy it

I cruised solo on Princess last year and had a very relaxing time, which was my goal. I am considering a solo cruise on Carnival to Hawaii and I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. No one else wants to go, so it is solo or no go. I am soliciting comments on the benefits vs. the cost of going it alone. I like the ability to control my own schedule, but also want an atmosphere of fun with others. That is why I am looking at Carnival.

Just wondering if anyone has cruised solo recently... Came back from our second cruise last month and it seems like I am the only one who wants to go next year. I really enjoy cruising and think I would be fine burly wanted to get others thoughts.

Thanks!

Check out https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/solo-cruising Studios for less than double.