Star deck 12 room info

Some Schmoo

Hello everyone. We prefer an out of the way room far forward or aft, but this was a late booking, so the choices were limited. We’re currently in 12030, a family suite, no balcony for the TA Leaving Rome/Civitavecchia on Nov. 5, 2018. We have an option to switch to 12512 which has a balcony. I understand the balcony space reduces the room size. I believe I read that the balcony is enclosed. Is that correct? I read some comments regarding noise from the jogging track above on 13. Anyone had a problem with that in either room? Any issues with hallway foot traffic noise heading from the elevator to the pool on 12, or from the bar or whatever else is above on 13? Any other comments on these rooms or general area would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

12030 will be noisier than 12512. The jogging track turns about where the elevators are. They have signs restricting the hours of the jogging track, but folks don't always heed them. The loss of space for the balcony should not make a difference unless you have need for the extra bed that would be there.

The bathrooms in those suites are nicer than the ones in the Penthouse suited. Separate shower and bath and two sinks! Really nice!

There is a video of Star 12512 on YouTube. I have been in 12506 and it looks like they are alike EXCEPT that the balcony (which 12506 doesn't have) "sacrifices" the interior room. So it is definitely a trade-off: Interior Space for balcony space. The video I watched of 12512 does show that the balcony is enclosed but it does seem to offer good space and good views.

I do believe that total square footage wise, 12530 is larger than both 12512 and 12506.

I have been reluctant to book 12530 because of its proximity to the pool/entrance and the smokers that are right outside in the pool area. I'm a quiet freak and the staterooms farther forward, all other things being equal, will be quieter.

My experience on Star deck 12 forward is that, other than the pool noise close to the entrances, it is pretty quiet in the passageways and around the elevators.

Enjoy your cruise. The Star is great as is the service.

MD

We have been on a TA in an SJ Suite (12526) and we liked it a lot. The location is ideal for access to just about everything on-board. The "Wall of Windows" gives the room a very open feel. 12030 is on the "bump" and along with 12530 are premium SJ locations because the angled windows give a forward looking view. 12512 is one of only four suites on 12 that feature balconies and, as such, are usually more expensive than the SJ suites. Your choice...the rooms are pretty much identical except the the SJ Suites have an interior sitting area instead of a veranda.

i believe 12030 has the bump out and only sleeps 4. its an amazing room and about 90 sq ft larger than the other family suites! we had this for 2 weeks on teh panama canal and didnt miss the balcony one bit. it was also very quiet.

NCL STAR Panama Canal cruise October 2014 cabin 12012

Some facts about the deck 12 suites - there are 24 of them - OK 28 if you count the 4 owners suites over the bow.

Only -4- are balcony suites 12510 12512 12010 12012

Yes the balcony infringes on the useable space inside the cabin significantly

The balconies are semi enclosed - glass paneled ceiling - horizontal monsoons will get you

No known noise issues except beware with balcony door open and the entry door to the passageway

things can be blown all over the place with whistle velocity

King bed and a convertible couch suitable for two small adults.

The bathroom layout is much better than the aft suites - double sinks a plus

This location is forward of the elevators and stairs and out of the foot traffic pattern

The closer to the pool more foot traffic is possible and as noted before the jogging track overhead

The passageway deck floor rises as one goes further forward something to do with the former Spinnaker Lounge.

Cabin layouts are alternating mirror images - same on either side Port/Starboard

4 partitioned meeting rooms and the library are in the middle aft and very very quiet inside cabins forward

Between the meeting rooms and the inside cabins are the elevators and stairs.