Pride of America Maui Beach Day

TucsonRick

My husband wants to take this excursion. I am not so sure. I use a portable oxygen concentrator and would need to park it (and myself) on a hard surface out of the sand. Is there such a place, a boardwalk or something, on this excursion?

Rick

I don’t know about the Maui beach day. In Nawilliwilli there is a beautiful beach with grass and cement sidewalks right in front of the Marriott Hotel, walking distance from the ship. Restaurants and shops right there as well.

I don’t know about the Maui beach day. In Nawilliwilli there is a beautiful beach with grass and cement sidewalks right in front of the Marriott Hotel, walking distance from the ship. Restaurants and shops right there as well.

Yes, that was a great beach, plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the day.

My husband wants to take this excursion. I am not so sure. I use a portable oxygen concentrator and would need to park it (and myself) on a hard surface out of the sand. Is there such a place, a boardwalk or something, on this excursion?

Rick

Which beach is it?

That beach area is quite beautiful. We prefer Keawakapu Beach. Almost a mile of sand and mostly empty. However it is not on the excursion. None of the beaches have "hard" areas built on them as no one actually owns them. There is a public hard paved trail along the beach but I'm not exactly certain that would be a place to stay. Lots of joggers, and walkers all day long from sunrise to sunset. The Hotels are given permits to put chairs on the sand in a fixed area but not one drop of that sand belongs to the hotel. No matter what the employees renting chairs tell you. So the only way to have a place to put your equipment would be to rent a couple of chairs and place them side by side. You're looking at a transit time of 30-40 minutes from ship to beach by the way.

Maui No Ka Oi (Maui is the best)

My favourite place on earth.