New Year's Eve?

trinitytrees

We were on epic in the med last New Year's Eve and it was brilliant.... different parties going on all over th ship in different venues, so something for everyone. We saw midnight arrive on the top deck at an open deck party that was brilliant.... there were venues open most of the night and it was just fantastic.... you will have a great time

On the Spirit several years ago, they had a giant ice sculpture of the date. There was a big deck party. When the clock hit midnight, they dumped the end number in the pool and replaced it with the new number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

we were on the Pearl for New Years a couple of years ago, and they had a big party. We loved the Pearl, and found a fantastic bartender that we followed around the ship. lol.., but it was the worst cruise that we have been on. It was filled with a lot of kids running & screaming up and down the halls, running around unsupervised, and even those that were with their parents, the parents didn't care. There were even more rude adults on the ship that acted like they owned the ship. I don't see us ever cruising over the holidays again. I hope your cruise is much better and that you have an awesome cruise!!

Haven't been on the spirit on NYE but have been on her over Christmas. Was beautifully decorated!

By far my favourite cruise ship by NCL, possibly because it wasn't built for NCL but it feels so much more spacious... lots of photos here:

http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/10/15/ncls-norwegian-spirit-my-favourite-cruise-ship/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many people get dressed up. There will be parties and countdowns in nearly every venue and also parties just for families. No more fireworks.

All the festivities will be listed in your Freestyle Daily. I've been on several NYE cruises and they are generally lots of fun. Enjoy!

Tracy

Many people get dressed up. There will be parties and countdowns in nearly every venue and also parties just for families. No more fireworks.

All the festivities will be listed in your Freestyle Daily. I've been on several NYE cruises and they are generally lots of fun. Enjoy!

Tracy

No more fireworks!!!???

Hi

Do NCL do anything special for New Year's Eve onboard their ships, specifically the spirit in the canaries this year?

We were on a New Years cruise with the Norwegian Spirit to the Canaries almost 3 years ago, and the ship had beautiful Christmas decorations around the ship. For New Years Eve the main party where the captain made the countdown was in the Atrium and in the bars on the deck above, where it is open down to the Atrium. No fireworks, instead there was a release of colored balloons that were dropped at midnight. Did sound like fireworks though, when the balloons started "popping". The cruise director staff was giving out paperhats and whistles, and the bars gave out free "champagne". The majority of the passengers were dressed very nice - much more so than on a regular NCL cruise. Lot's of men in tux'es or suits and women in cocktail dresses or evening gowns. I was however disappointed that the specialty restaurants just had their regular menu - in my opinion they should have offered a few special items on the menu on New Years Eve....

1174040451_Nyttr1.jpg.31f6e2134a739423c609274532582664.jpg

1181450064_Nyttr2.jpg.b88e4b9afeb8ba00c078ca820bde469e.jpg

116272726_Nyttr4.jpg.64da8cd29d085dbf0de9d4d9520e1227.jpg

1477558268_Nyttr5.jpg.14bbfe3bc602473f785f6874d60656b7.jpg

1429449614_Nyttr6.jpg.3986427c85acc040c3824169d7330092.jpg

631267874_Nyttr7.jpg.918cad2367ab4db46918050afc6abeae.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg.a9727bb497569bea2ef231e739616446.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg.3e08b02c7b1e950370426a0e0325eb3b.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

We were on a New Years cruise with the Norwegian Spirit to the Canaries almost 3 years ago, and the ship had beautiful Christmas decorations around the ship. For New Years Eve the main party where the captain made the countdown was in the Atrium and in the bars on the deck above, where it is open down to the Atrium. No fireworks, instead there was a release of colored balloons that was dropped at midnight. Did sound like fireworks though, when the balloons started "popping". The cruise director staff was giving out paperhats and whistles, and the bars gave out free "champagne". The majority of the passengers were dressed very nice - much more so than on a regular NCL cruise. Lot's of men in tux'es or suits and women in cocktail dresses or evening gowns.

Wow cool!!! Love the photos :-)

We were on a New Years cruise with the Norwegian Spirit to the Canaries almost 3 years ago, and the ship had beautiful Christmas decorations around the ship. For New Years Eve the main party where the captain made the countdown was in the Atrium and in the bars on the deck above, where it is open down to the Atrium. No fireworks, instead there was a release of colored balloons that were dropped at midnight. Did sound like fireworks though, when the balloons started "popping". The cruise director staff was giving out paperhats and whistles, and the bars gave out free "champagne". The majority of the passengers were dressed very nice - much more so than on a regular NCL cruise. Lot's of men in tux'es or suits and women in cocktail dresses or evening gowns. I was however disappointed that the specialty restaurants just had their regular menu - in my opinion they should have offered a few special items on the menu on New Years Eve....

Thank you for reply and photos great :):):):)