Why did you try to bring that?

Mrsinsyder

When we got off our Allure sailing on 11/20, there was a table set up where you could collect all your items that had been confiscated at check-in.

Obviously there were like 5 irons, but someone had also packed one of these. :confused: I'll admit it made me chuckle and scratch my head

Maybe they picked it up in port and didn't actually bring it when they embarked.

I would make a guess that the folks that brought it on board are Asian and they have there rice cooker on 24 hours a day and they love the crispish brown rice at bottom of cooker.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. LOL

Saying 4.4 billion people prefer their rice a specific way is not only a gross but inaccurate generalization. :p

My wife is from the Philippines and I spent over 7 years in her lovely country and if you had crunchy rice in the bottom of your rice cooker, that meant you overcooked it and got a good ribbing from the family :D

Maybe they picked it up in port and didn't actually bring it when they embarked.

Haha, no, it was well used. We did see a big children's play-car type thing that looked like someone bought it at Disney and had to cart it along.

But I like the idea of using it for heating massage stones :D

I asked security while we were in line to get back on Brilliance what was the craziest thing anyone had tried to take on the ship. His response was a gas powered generator that was full of gas and weighed 60lbs. They had it on a rolling cart covered up by a blanket. He said the cruiser was afraid that the ship would lose power???

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Ha, that's the winner!

Slightly on topic...

I remember seeing one of the Adventure Ocean staff getting the water pistol they bought at Tivoli Gardens confiscated by ship security.

The security staff did not look impressed and after some persuasion they said they would keep it; rather than destroy it; until his contract finished.

One of the old fashioned hair dryers with the metal hood that was on a stand on a cruise a few years ago....not confiscated. Saw them hauling it on and they were actually down the hall from us. Leaving the ship in July (Liberty of the Seas) a guy had a very old, very used, full size box fan he was carrying off the ship. Food dehydrator thing being carried off...no idea if it had been confiscated. They were leaving the ship, waiting to get on a shuttle bus with it. On the message boards, people were talking about crazy things they take and a couple said they bring a folding table and chairs for their balcony, several that bring their own toilet tissue and towels, bed linens, hammocks and hooks for the balcony, among other things that I just cannot imagine dragging along with me. Someone on a board was asking about bringing their cello, another wanted to bring his electric guitar. I do not want to be in the cabin next to anyone bringing musical instruments. I pack as little as I can get by with...lol.

When we got off our Allure sailing on 11/20, there was a table set up where you could collect all your items that had been confiscated at check-in.

Obviously there were like 5 irons, but someone had also packed one of these. :confused: I'll admit it made me chuckle and scratch my head

Was it in a box? Perhaps they bought it locally intending to take it home not use it on board.

While I agree that the owners might be Asian used to using a rice cooker, I'm confused about the crispy rice at the bottom. DH and his mom's family do everything to AVOID crispy rice. The point of the cooker is to get nice sticky non-crispy rice. :)

Could also have been something they were using on an extended trip BEFORE the cruise, and had no place to put it during the cruise.

Well we are not Asian but eat lot of rice and my partner and I fight over it, but since i do the cooking I'm usually the first to get it. It's not so much that its crunchy its the fact that it's browned. And we all no that browning anything brings out flavor.