7:00a.m. arrival with 3 kids MIA

tigergrl0204

Hello all! My husband and I are looking into possibly doing a redeye flight getting into MIA before 7 a.m. Will the hotels let us drop our bags off and go out into the city until our hotel room is ready? I've read about some hotels in Miami, but is there an area of hotels where there would be fun things to do within walking distance? We will have a blow-up car seat for our 3 year old, but we're trying to avoid too much car travel. Any hotel/area recommendations are appreciated! We're looking to pay around $200-$250 for a Fri-Sat night. Thank you!

Any hotel should be happy to store your bags if your room is not ready.

I would focus on hotels in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn there is often suggested on this board, but there are others - shop around) or close to Bayside Market (Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.). Hop-on/off bus tours are easy to find/book and a good way to see Miami and Miami Beach.

Not sure when you are cruising - dates will matter. The $300+ room in Feb can go for $100 or less in August.

Have a great cruise! :D

Thank you so much! We're going in May of next year! I think I have it narrowed down to Holiday Inn Port of Miami (but the reviews aren't great, Hampton Inn, which has a small pool, or Hilton Downtown. I'm hoping to use CC points to pay for the stay. Anyone know if it's easy to get places from the Hilton Downtown? I loved that the Hampton Inn had so much area info on their website.

We love the Hampton Inn Brickell. They have a nice pool too. You and the kids can enjoy the free breakfast and hang out at the pool and relax until your room is ready. There is also a Publix a few blocks away to pick up the extras you may want for your cruise.

May 17-18th, our cruise is the 18-26th...good to know though, I completely forgot about Memorial Day and we were considering staying an extra night, but will probably try to fly back the day we get back to port.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Miami that weekend. Personally, I'd leave the same day or book a hotel in Fort Lauderdale which is only 30 minutes away.

Hello all! My husband and I are looking into possibly doing a redeye flight getting into MIA before 7 a.m. Will the hotels let us drop our bags off and go out into the city until our hotel room is ready? I've read about some hotels in Miami, but is there an area of hotels where there would be fun things to do within walking distance? We will have a blow-up car seat for our 3 year old, but we're trying to avoid too much car travel. Any hotel/area recommendations are appreciated! We're looking to pay around $200-$250 for a Fri-Sat night. Thank you!

A suggestion ... you could book a room for the night prior to your arrival, but let the hotel know that you are checking in the next morning. It adds more expense to your stay, but at least you can actually get into your hotel room straight away, relax, freshen up, and carry on with your day.

May 17/18 is fine to stay in Miami.

For hotels the Hampton Inn is a great option for the family and includes breakfast.

The other hotel which is a full service hotel that I would look at in the Hilton Family is the Conrad Hilton.

Both hotels are in great locations.

You will be near Brickell Center which is fairly new with shopping and restaurants and near Mary Brickell Village with lots of restaurants and some stores. There are two nearby Publix Stores and also several pharmacies including one near the Conrad Hilton opened 7x24.

Keith

A suggestion ... you could book a room for the night prior to your arrival, but let the hotel know that you are checking in the next morning. It adds more expense to your stay, but at least you can actually get into your hotel room straight away, relax, freshen up, and carry on with your day.

That is a good suggestion, I just don't know that we want to shell out another $250 for an extra night, where we'd only get a few hours use out of it. However, with 3 kids, we may just do that! Thank you!!

May 17/18 is fine to stay in Miami.

For hotels the Hampton Inn is a great option for the family and includes breakfast.

The other hotel which is a full service hotel that I would look at in the Hilton Family is the Conrad Hilton.

Both hotels are in great locations.

You will be near Brickell Center which is fairly new with shopping and restaurants and near Mary Brickell Village with lots of restaurants and some stores. There are two nearby Publix Stores and also several pharmacies including one near the Conrad Hilton opened 7x24.

Keith

Thank you! I looked into the Conrad and I don't think that would suit our needs, I greatly appreciate that suggestion though! There's so many hotels in Miami it's a little overwhelming and of course I want to make the right decision!!