Oasis Balcony

sml3

We are trying to decide between a C2 Central Park Balcony deck 10 or a D8 Ocean Balcony deck 7. This will be our first time on the Oasis. Are the Central Park Balconies hot? Noisy? Can you easily be seen from across the ship? Is deck 10 a more central location?

Any input will be helpful!

We are trying to decide between a C2 Central Park Balcony deck 10 or a D8 Ocean Balcony deck 7. This will be our first time on the Oasis. Are the Central Park Balconies hot? Noisy? Can you easily be seen from across the ship? Is deck 10 a more central location?

Central Park is not usually reported to be noisy, unless they are on deck 14, right under the pool deck. People do report that the balconies seem hotter. There is also a lack of privacy.

If the D8 is within your price range, I'd go for that.

Edited by clarea

I agree with Bob. If price isn't too different then it is a no brainier to me, go ocean balcony. Deck 7 is better IMO too as far as being central. If price diff is big consider Boardwalk balconies as well. You can get a view of the water and all the action below.

Let me go one further and say that if you can get an ocean balcony on Deck 8, that would be my advice. It is super quick to go to the Park Cafe in the morning for coffee and pastries if you wish. We found it very convenient, and... umm.. fewer flights of stairs to walk up to the Windjammer buffet! hehe:o:p:)

We had a cabin on Deck 7, on both the Oasis and Allure. Liked the location. We were just a few doors from the very back of the ship. On the starboard side there was a door, at the back, that came out next to the rock climbing wall. I don't know if there's a door on the port side but it made it very convenient to go down the stairs to the boardwalk.

Edited by Little Buddy's Mom

Take the D8. A million times over, take the D8. The inside balconies are what the other posters have stated, and then some. Hot, no breeze, but the lack of privacy is the worst. The other balconies across the ship that have people staring back at you are closer than what you might think.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

You have made a good choice. There is so little ocean views in public places on this class of ships that any D balcony cabin is great on any deck. Have a great cruise, I know we enjoyed our ocean view tremendously. :) We had a D6 deck 12.

Edited by leyla

Although this photo is of a Boardwalk Balcony, it makes the point that lots of people can watch you from above, across, and below.

DSCN2077_zps45d5d771.jpg

If you scratch your butt you can expect the video to be on YouTube in minutes... :)

We prefer Deck 6 balconies near the aft elevator bank. Close to the snacks on the Boardwalk and one flight down to Deck 5.

For sitting on the balcony and listening to the waves at night, the lower you are, the more enjoyable it is.

On either the Oasis or Allure, the closer you are to the elevators, the less walking you will have to do.

Oasis of the Seas--we had balcony overlooking Central Park in 2010--we were on the third floor above the Park--it was not noisy at all, in fact, it was very pleasant at night to sit on our balcony and watch the people stroll below us--if we ever go on the Oasis again, that's the location I would request--

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oasis of the Seas--we had balcony overlooking Central Park in 2010--we were on the third floor above the Park--it was not noisy at all, in fact, it was very pleasant at night to sit on our balcony and watch the people stroll below us--if we ever go on the Oasis again, that's the location I would request--

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am very glad that you were happy with your CP balcony, and had a great cruise.

Your sentence reinforces what others are saying: If you can watch the people, the people can watch you.

No thank you.