1st time Carnival on Splendor

spankym13

Hello.

Just booked our FIRST carnival cruise on the Splendor out of Ft Lauderdale June 4th. Its a 6 day eastern caribbean with ports every day except the last which is a sea day!

Looking for any and all advice and info on this Ship/Cruise line! :confused:

I have been on the Splendor twice and both times it was a great experience. There is Tandoori kiosk aft that isn't available on all ships. We found that it was quite tasty.

You can walk across the entire ship on decks 5 and 9. This is good to know if you try to get MDR and are stuck on 3rd floor.

Adult pool and hot tub are aft, deck 9.

Hope you like the color pink.

We have been on the Splendor three times and loved each cruise. So much so, we are sailing on her again next year. For pictures, I have plenty in my Splendor reviews, which can be found in my signature. Enjoy your planning! :)

We went back in 2010 when it was on the West Coast and only a few months old. We loved it! I did read some complaints that the Lido pool area seems small. But we had some cold weather leaving Long Beach so the retractable cover was handy. Also navigating the ship was a little cumbersome but I don't feel it's was that distracting. The food was solid. The rooms and service were perfect. We had zero complaints. We liked it so much, we are going on it again on April 2 for the Western Caribbean. Very excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello.

Just booked our FIRST carnival cruise on the Splendor out of Ft Lauderdale June 4th. Its a 6 day eastern caribbean with ports every day except the last which is a sea day!

Check out the weekly spa passes.Do a search on here to read about it .we loved it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

This is good to know!!!!

Heres a video I saw on youtube that shows the spa and pretty much everything in here you can use with the exception of treatments which must be bought. The thalasso pool(with the big dragons on the video) is incredible and rarely used.Towels are provided everywhere and in case your wondering like I was everyone wears bathing suits in all the steam rooms and thalasso pool.We use it everyday sometimes multiple times and if we go on off times (like MDR dinner times) we are the only ones in the whole place !! Youll thank me later for telling you about the spa pass :)

Hello.

We will also be on this cruise June 4th. There is a FB group as well if you want to join. I have been on tons of cruises but this is my first time on Splendor. Can't wait to go!

We have been on the Splendor three times and loved each cruise. So much so, we are sailing on her again next year. For pictures, I have plenty in my Splendor reviews, which can be found in my signature. Enjoy your planning! :)

I LOVE your reviews!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on the June 4th sailing as well.

We cruised on the Splendor out of Long Beach a few years ago.

The ship design was fine with us.

Service and food was good.

I prefer the Dream class ships. I will miss the Alchemy Bar and the 2.0 upgrades.

Looking forward to a nice beach vacation. HMC, GT and Amber Cove should be fun and relaxing.

Traci