Amsterdam Self Serve Laundry

mame42

I booked a Lanai cabin on the Amsterdam near the self serve laundry without knowing that the laundry opened to both port and starboard sides. Has anyone had any experience in these cabins? I am concerned about noise and congestion in that area of the hallway. Thanks for any input.

My memory of the Amsterdam self service laundry on the Lower Promenade deck is that it only opens to the port side. That was a few years ago but id doubt it has changed. The hours for the laundry are day time, I think it is closed after 9pm, could be as late as 10? somebody confirm that please.

There can be conversations that carry out into the hallway when the door is opened or people occasionally meet going in and out but it is not usually a raucous crowd. I've made some nice ship friendships in the laundry!

I just checked deck plans and it looks like there will be no more launderette after May 2019! Change happens.

My memory of the Amsterdam self service laundry on the Lower Promenade deck is that it only opens to the port side. That was a few years ago but id doubt it has changed. The hours for the laundry are day time, I think it is closed after 9pm, could be as late as 10? somebody confirm that please.

There can be conversations that carry out into the hallway when the door is opened or people occasionally meet going in and out but it is not usually a raucous crowd. I've made some nice ship friendships in the laundry!

I just checked deck plans and it looks like there will be no more launderette after May 2019! Change happens.

That was my memory also, but on the HAL deck plans for post the spring 2018 dry dock clearly show the laundry open to both hallways. Now I am really confused!

I spent 15 nights on Amsterdam in December 2016. The laundry opened on both port and starboard sides of the ship. It was also open 24 hrs. a day. I know because I am a terrible sleeper so when I woke usually between 2 am and 3 am I would take my clothes down to the laundry. Usually 3 loads. If all the machines were empty I would "load them up" and go back to my cabin to watch a movie. (I brought my dvd player. Then at the set time go back and "load up the dryers". I would fold them and be back in my cabin and in bed before anyone was even up. About 5 am. So quick an easy. Don't worry I was quiet and didn't let any door bang. People who have trouble sleeping learn to be quiet at night. I do it for dh's sake.

I know this might be a lengthy list (or not) but could someone tell me what ships have self-service laundries? We are Four-Star and use the heck out of the free laundry but I have some things that can't go in the dryer and I wouldn't mind throwing in a load of clothes and hanging them to dry -- if I was on a ship with a washing machine available to me, that is.

Mame,

We are on the same cruise and I am concerned about them doing away with the self service laundry when they do the dry dock after the world cruise. I know we can send our laundry out but for that many days it would be quite expensive. We will achieve 4 star in the middle of the cruise so it will not help.

I know this might be a lengthy list (or not) but could someone tell me what ships have self-service laundries? We are Four-Star and use the heck out of the free laundry but I have some things that can't go in the dryer and I wouldn't mind throwing in a load of clothes and hanging them to dry -- if I was on a ship with a washing machine available to me, that is.

It's not really a lengthy list. they have only been available on the Prinsendam & S & R (Volendam, Veendam, Maasdam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Zandaam) class ships. But, it does seem that the self service laundries are being removed out of some at dry dock. I think I read that one is being removed already but can't recall the ship.

There are no self service laundries on the Vista, Signature or Pinnacle class ships.

Mame,

We are on the same cruise and I am concerned about them doing away with the self service laundry when they do the dry dock after the world cruise. I know we can send our laundry out but for that many days it would be quite expensive. We will achieve 4 star in the middle of the cruise so it will not help.

The deck plans on the HAL website for post dry dock still show the laundry as it exists. However, we all know how accurate the website is.

It's not really a lengthy list. they have only been available on the Prinsendam & S & R (Volendam, Veendam, Maasdam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Zandaam) class ships. But, it does seem that the self service laundries are being removed out of some at dry dock. I think I read that one is being removed already but can't recall the ship.

There are no self service laundries on the Vista, Signature or Pinnacle class ships.

Thank you, Kazu! That saved me a lot of legwork! We will be on the Rotterdam in late 2019. Hope we still have use of a laundry room!

Thank you, Kazu! That saved me a lot of legwork! We will be on the Rotterdam in late 2019. Hope we still have use of a laundry room!

You are most welcome. We enjoyed the Rotterdam when we were on in March - May 2017. She did go through a dry dock recently though, so you might want to check the updated deck plans and make sure the laundry is still there. I'm not sure if that was the ship where it was reported that the laundry was gone or not, sorry.

There was a recent thread on her after dry dock a few weeks ago that might be worth checking too.

Sorry to have to tell you no self service laundry on the Rotterdam.

Was removed during dry dock

Janet

Mame,

We are on the same cruise and I am concerned about them doing away with the self service laundry when they do the dry dock after the world cruise. I know we can send our laundry out but for that many days it would be quite expensive. We will achieve 4 star in the dance middle of the cruise so it will not help.

We are also in a lanai cabin on the same cruise. I will also be 4 star in the middle. We will celebrate at the same ceremony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mame,

We are also in a lanai cabin on the same cruise. I will also be 4 star in the middle. We will celebrate at the same ceremony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check to see if your cruise has more than one section. On our last cruise 42 day Atlantic Adventurer. We became 4* after the first 10 days (the cruise was sold three ways 42 days 17 days and 25 days) Lucky for us we were on for the whole 42 days. I went to the front desk right after we boarded. I told them about it and they said they would contact the main office in Seattle and confirm. Than in the middle of the cruise (after the 17 day section) they had us come down to the front desk and they issued us new cards showing 4*. We were then able to use the free laundry and get 4 * discounts. (Now we did this in Oct & Nov of 2016 so it might have changed) But it is worth checking out. Good luck and I hope you both have great cruises!!!

On our recent long cruise on the Veendam, we had a lanai cabin almost directly across from the self-serve laundry. I heard noise all day long, with people talking rather loudly, the door slamming and so forth. Some people would do laundry before the hours posted, and that was annoying too. Never again.

On our recent long cruise on the Veendam, we had a lanai cabin almost directly across from the self-serve laundry. I heard noise all day long, with people talking rather loudly, the door slamming and so forth. Some people would do laundry before the hours posted, and that was annoying too. Never again.

Oh, dear... Not what I wanted to hear, but thank you for the pertinent info.