How many of us are taking hs seniors on a graduation cruise?

My parents took my daughter, over her spring break, on a Hawaiian cruise. Plan to take our whole family on a cruise when the next one graduates h.s. as we'll also be celebrating 20 year wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday! :D

Took my son and my mom on son's graduation cruise 3/23/14 out of Galveston, Turned out to be the oil spill cruise. So disappointing for all!!! Now I owe him a make up cruise but you know how hard it is to schedule out with a senior going to college next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took/planned graduation cruises for both our girls. However we travel as a family, not with a group of friends. We took #1 on Allure for graduation during her April break (about 1 month before school ended, but much cheaper than June when everyone else is trying to take a Graduation cruise;) We have booked next April for #2's graduation sailing on Adventure.

We travel a lot internationally, but choose to cruise for graduation because of the generous cancellation policies- at the time one would usually need to book a vacation; a HS senior may not know what college they plan to attend, or when that college has orientation/accepted student days planned and that makes it easy to know the whole picture before you have to commit any money to the vacation. I've learned with HS and college students, that the need for flexibility around school calendars, internships, jobs etc is critical!:D

Us. I had an ah ha moment a little over a year ago. Our daughter, graduating HS in June, is going to major in music ed and mathematics and wants to be a counselor at a music camp during the summers. I realized that if I didn't plan a family vacation this spring break, we may not get a chance for quite some time. Leaving a week from Saturday on Grandeur, staying in a corner aft JS and CAN'T WAIT!!

We are going on a Mediterranean cruise to celebrate our daughter's high school graduation and our son's 8th grade graduation. We have all three kids' birthdays and our son's confirmation, along with the graduations, all within a month and a half of each other. We decided to pool the money for smaller parties, bite the bullet, and do a once in a lifetime trip!

No cruise , but my sons and I are going to Las Vegas for a guys long weekend .

My son and I went a few years ago to celebrate his 21st birthday, and I promised my stepson we would do the same to celebrate his . Well last year when he did turn 21 , we were in the middle of massive home improvements , so it got moved to this year.

Never got to do this with my dad , so I enjoy it just as much as the boys. :)

We are on Ex 6/19....Graduation in 6/9!

Hey Denise

We will be on Ex (6/19) the same cruise with daughter and her friend, both graduating high school on 6/5/14.

It was either a cruise or the dreaded "Senior Week" in Ocean City. Money well spent in my book.

Sue