Deck Plan ?

Carolina5o

My wife and I are getting ready for just our second cruise, 8 day on Carnival Breeze. On our first cruise in 2013, Caribbean Princess, we were on deck 9 and this time we have been booked on deck 2. We were very satisfied on the higher deck. Does anyone have opinions or preferences to share about your cabin location?

Thanks!!

We prefer a deck as close to the pool as possible...I've yet to see any real difference in motion from one deck to another...and being close to where you spend your DAYTIME hours is very convenient! You tend to run back and forth to the cabin during the day...not so much at night!

For us, the deck doesn't matter. What matters is that the cabin is not just above or below a nightclub/bar with late music & noise, or a kitchen with very early morning noise, or just above or next to a smoking area (assuming it's a balcony cabin). Check the deck plans of whatever ship you're going on and ask questions on the forum for your cruise line about specific cabins. Some cruise line forums have 'sticky' cabin information threads at the top of the first page.

Our first choice cabin location is an aft-facing balcony - love the views and don't mind the extra walking from the elevators.

Edited by Kartgv

It really s horses for courses.

I like a deck with cabins above and below and mid ship. I like to be near the lifts as I have a mobility issue and DW wants that location because she has some motion issues.

Some say lower deck are less prone to sea sickness others say the higher ones are better, they both have a point, lower decks will have less motion, BUT the waves will look smaller from a higher deck, so a bit will depend on what triggers a persons sea sickness.

we have been booked on deck 2.

Our personal preference is to be sandwiched between two cabin decks (typically deck 7 or 8) and away from elevators to cut down on noise.

Deck 2 is directly below the Lobby Deck which may be ok depending on where your cabin is. If it's fore, you've got the Main Show Lounge above which I wouldn't think would be ideal, little back and aft, there are dining rooms above which may be a little better. Believe the balconies on that deck are Cove balconies with overhanging lifeboats (may be good to keep the sun off you).

Thanks for all the input! It looks like we are below the dining room. With us spending most of our time out of the room it shouldn't be too bad though. Regardless, at least I'll know that I won't have to get up and go to work for 8 days!

Thanks for all the input! It looks like we are below the dining room. With us spending most of our time out of the room it shouldn't be too bad though. Regardless, at least I'll know that I won't have to get up and go to work for 8 days!

Well, being below the dining isn't necessarily a bad thing. Since you're likely to not even be in your room during dinner service hours. And that's when the action (noise) would be occurring in that location.