Pre order Beer or buy onboard?

Leafpeeper

The prices listed in the Cruise Personalizer include the 15% gratuity.

No you are not charged an additional delivery charge when you call room service to redeem the vouchers you will find in your cabin for however many buckets you have preordered. There have been occasional reports that the beers were in the cabin at embarkation. But not in the fridge. If you want to have a cold beer while watching sailaway from your balcony, just buy a bucket from the pool bar after the muster drill. Total cost is exactly the same either way.

I don't see that there would be any real advantage to buying in advance. Just go to the bar and order your bucket of beer when you board. If it's like other in-cabin liquor orders you would probably just have a certificate in your cabin for the beer and have to go get it anyway or perhaps have to call room service to have it delivered. There wouldn't be a delivery fee but most tip a small amount for room service deliveries. I'd just wait and buy it on the ship.

I have ordered this for my husband on our last two cruises. No real benefit. We still had to call room service to get it delivered but it was nice as they delivered it with a bottle opener which we kept in the room and the beer in the fridge. Nice to have a cool one available later in the evening.

If I pre order a couple buckets of beer for our cabin, will I be charged a tip or delivery fee?

When pre-ordered the 15% gratuity is already paid. But, for room service delivery many passengers will provide a few $ cash tip. This is not required.

pro-tip: if you're going to be out by the pool, you may want to bring a fold up cooler with you that will keep the beer colder and ice longer than the bucket...and if you're thinking about the bud/bud light alum bottles, make sure they will fit into whatever you take..;p