$99 All-Inclusive Photo Package

Nivarka

Hi all,

Has anyone seen or heard anything of the $99 All-Inclusive Photo Package returning this year? There are plenty of threads from around this time last year of people talking about it, and I was wondering if someone more experienced with Princess might be able to advise if it is something to be expected again this year. At $99 I'd surely go for the package, but at $199 it's a harder push, especially since lots of folks say the digital versions are low quality.

Hi all,

Has anyone seen or heard anything of the $99 All-Inclusive Photo Package returning this year? There are plenty of threads from around this time last year of people talking about it, and I was wondering if someone more experienced with Princess might be able to advise if it is something to be expected again this year. At $99 I'd surely go for the package, but at $199 it's a harder push, especially since lots of folks say the digital versions are low quality.

Who says the digital version are low quality? I got the package in June 2017 just to try it out, we were on Majestic(3 weeks)....just the 2 of us...most of the 8X10s I received had decent resolution, some were soft focus, others were a tad over or under exposed. I downloaded the photos from "my tiny ship" and used several in my 110 page photo book of the trip and I thought quality was fine, subject matter could have been improved....lol

Why not wait until you are on the ship and pay $249. so you can see the quality....if it is poor, why would u even want to pay $99? Who wants photos of poor quality. Is what I am saying if you are interested in the package don't let cost motivate you...as one great photo can be priceless.

Regarding the 99 package which on some ships/sailings was even offered at 49 a year prior.....was last offered to purchase on line, on certain sailings in Jan/Feb 2017.

Edited by land lover

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. I had read in past threads that the digital versions were low quality - I'm glad to hear from you that they're good, land lover.

Thanks also for the information regarding which sailings had the offer, I suppose that means that peak European summer season of June shouldn't expect the same offer.

Thanks as well Patti for your feedback suggesting you'd buy it even at $199 - it makes my decision easier.

If anyone else has any feedback or comments that they could weigh in to help me decide, that'd be awesome.

I agree with purchasing it at $199 for a 7 day or over cruise. We went over New Years with 2 other couples and I came back with 164 images on my drive. (good quality) We took pics of all 6 of us, just the guys (hilarius!) and just the girls. As long as either my Husband or I were in the pics we got them. I sorted through the 8X10's and kept the ones I wanted. Gave the others to the other wives to fight over, so they got some too, Made an online book with the images added to my pics and it came out great.

I’m purchasing the package as a surprise birthday gift for my stepdaughter. We have a group of seven including her, her husband, and their two girls on a 12 night British Isles cruise. Something tells me she will make very good use of it! Wish it was the lower price but will buy it regardless!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

better enjoy that "unlimited' while you can...:mad:

10:30 a.m. EDT) -- Carnival Cruise Line has limited the number of photos included in its premium Pixel cruise photo package, leaving some passengers concerned.

It's the second change this month, which at one point saw package prices jump by as much as $150 for unlimited photos.

The latest announcement returns to the original pricing, but with a limit on the number of printed or digital photos that can be ordered. However, the premium packages do include at least one copy of photos taken of the customer, people in their stateroom, and their children under 21.

"To balance the strong popularity of the most premium package with the onboard photo center resources, there will be a cap on the number of copies guests can order of their unlimited photos to a maximum of 50 prints or 50 digital files," Carnival senior cruise director John Heald posted on his Facebook page.

Carnival says customers that purchased packages at the higher price will have the difference refunded, and that the line will still honor the original terms.

Ooh I don't like the sounds of that. Carnival is already slashing this program - I think it is a short order of time before their Princess line follows. I have 30 days until my Princess trip. I look forward to this package. At $199 it is a lot of fun and becomes something to be creative to make memories. Taking it away or limiting it would not be good for me. Years ago I didn't like being in pictures so that would have worked. I lost a friend and we had a heck of time finding photos of him... we had photos of things and places but not people. Now I want photos of people and what we do on vacation and the important things. I can get a generic picture of a tree online. My loved ones by that same tree...now that's a memory.

Hoping for the best outcome but knowing it is likely going away.

There is no photo package available on our cruise, besides the $40 boarding photo. I'm curious if they will be coming up with something.

Same here on our cruise in July 2019. I've been checking it to see if something is added. Hoping that there will eventually be a package added.

Thx all for the heads up! just got off the phone with Princess and bought the package for stepdaughter for our June cruise before they could make any changes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Considered doing the same but saw this: Could not fine anywhere on Princess web site what the "Terms and conditions" are.

$199.00

Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise for one low price. Plus, purchase pre-cruise and save $50 USD compared to the onboard price of $249 USD.*

*Pre-cruise promotional offer. Terms and conditions apply.

As long as it includes all the prints that is fine. The Princess agent I spoke with assured me it did.

This family who we are traveling with have two girls and love the photos on the ship, even the annoying ones the photographers take as you disembark at each port. If Princess is reconsidering the package, this family could be the tipping point!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all,

I was a professional photographer for 20 years so I know something about quality. I have purchased the $99 package several times before & my experience was that they were of high resolution quality. I found the photos to be excellent & the work the Photographers did was excellent.

I was just on the Ruby & didn’t think to ask the photo manage about the $99 package.

Perhaps someone on a cruise will ask that question & post here.

Tom😎

I’m obscenely cheap and purchased the package last spring. We travel as three generations, but don’t have many pictures of the three of us. We were so pleased with the images (yes some are positively ghastly) I will be purchasing again for our upcoming 14 day. Like I said I’m totally cheap, but the memories are worth it to me. Those photos are far better than any other souvenir I could purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums