What the Heck? Shore Excursion Cancelled, But

CruzerDeb

Received an email late yesterday that my Carnival shore excursion in St. Thomas was cancelled. Looking for something new today, and my excursion is still there, but it's $18/pp more expensive!

Really?

Read updated reviews and I guess I'm not interested in it anymore anyway. Just find that incredibly odd. Now, I'm back to the "What in the world will we do in St. Thomas" mode.

Received an email late yesterday that my Carnival shore excursion in St. Thomas was cancelled. Looking for something new today, and my excursion is still there, but it's $18/pp more expensive!

Really?

Read updated reviews and I guess I'm not interested in it anymore anyway. Just find that incredibly odd. Now, I'm back to the "What in the world will we do in St. Thomas" mode.

Sounds like the contractor price increased and Carnival didn't want to eat the difference.

I've noticed when looking at shore excursions for my booked cruises that every time I look there seems to be something new there. I guess they're constantly changing.

Really?

My hubby would say " go jewelry shopping"!

My husband would NEVER say "go jewelry shopping". Or any other kind of shopping for that matter.

The time of the excursion changed plus they added lunch, which explains the price increase. Lunch with no drinks available, according to recent reviews. No thanks.

My husband would NEVER say "go jewelry shopping". Or any other kind of shopping for that matter.

The time of the excursion changed plus they added lunch, which explains the price increase. Lunch with no drinks available, according to recent reviews. No thanks.

If you want a beach day easy to do on your own and will save money as well.

Thanks winddawn!

You are very welcome. Megen's Bay has been voted one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And you can catch a taxi there from the port. It will probably be a van full of people though. Enjoy your day in paradise!

Which beach would you recommend? We'd want facilities (restrooms, of course) and food/beverages.

Emerald Beach. It's at a BW hotel. Take a taxi there. It is $7 per person each way.

You will be charge about $20 for 2 loungers and an umbrella and you have full use of the facilities. There's a nice beach bar and restaurant right on the beach as well.. It's a beautiful beach