Issues with my Travel Agent in not being able torrent the SetSail Pass (TAKE 2)

When you pay your travel agent, does your credit card bill show the travel agency as the payee or Royal Caribbean?

If you book via a TA in the UK, all payments will be made to the TA. There is nothing sinister about it, just the way things are done over here.

If you book via a TA in the UK, all payments will be made to the TA. There is nothing sinister about it, just the way things are done over here.

OK, thanks for the info, I thought there might be a difference in customs. In the US, that policy is not considered safe, but I understand there are more consumer protections built into the UK system.

OK, thanks for the info, I thought there might be a difference in customs. In the US, that policy is not considered safe, but I understand there are more consumer protections built into the UK system.
"Consumer Protection" or more government control over its citizens?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Not sure what this means ? What does where our payments go have to do the government control ?
Bob mentioned that Great Britain has more "consumer protection". To me that's a code wording for government control over its citizens.

Absolutely correct!!

I guess this just solidifies the fact that I will not be using a TA. I just cant relinquish that kind of control.

OP, thank you for the continued “play-by-play” I am finding this fascinating.

The fact that RCI disclosing payment status on YOUR booking to YOU is being regarded as “breach” is ridiculous in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why?

When using a US TA your payment goes directly to the cruiseline. To not use a TA leaves hundreds of $$$ on the table that you could have had.

Bob mentioned that Great Britain has more "consumer protection". To me that's a code wording for government control over its citizens.

It probably makes it easier to add a VAT as it is a resell not a commission deal.

I had terrible trouble in September with a uk travel agent who gave us the runaround.... we had to turn up at a Middle East airport for the second leg of our journey and just hope they had a seat for us because of the cluster of errors caused by our TA. Then we had to run around Singapore to try to track down our F1 tickets (part of our trip). Second to none?? Haha!

I had terrible trouble in September with a uk travel agent who gave us the runaround.... we had to turn up at a Middle East airport for the second leg of our journey and just hope they had a seat for us because of the cluster of errors caused by our TA. Then we had to run around Singapore to try to track down our F1 tickets (part of our trip). Second to none?? Haha!

Sounds like we have used the same TA.....

So. way back in July we booked a trip of a life time BIG Holiday with an agent.

So we fly Business Class with Qatar from Heathrow to Singapore, Once we have had enough of Singapore we board Mariner of the Seas for a cruise and then once that is over we Fly off to Bali for a very nice stay in the forests of Ubud then fly home again Business Class with Qatar. the whole trip how so far cost in excess of £10k. So i am a little worried about being ripped off (reputable or not) £10k is a hell of a lot of money to me and represents a lot of saving....

We paid our 40% deposit on booking the trip and then paid the remaining balance a week before due date. As soon as we paid the balance we were able to get our required seats on all the flights (was not able to do so before then as we tried). we also inputted all our API info for the flights as well as the RPI on the RCI website. we even managed to book excursions and packages for use on board. So being able to doo all that did not raise any alarm bells. As far as we were concerned all parts of the holiday were paid for with the different parties.

It only came to light that there were issues when I tried to print the SetSail Pass last week and wasn't able to, and thats when the misinformation started along with the lies, etc etc etc...

Both me and my Girlfriend are both soooooo looking forward to this trip. for the sheer experience of new places but also for a complete chill out in Bali.

Yes I am a bit OCD when it comes to having everything in order, everything in place, and everything shipshape long before we travel. It get checked, double checked and I'm sure it will be checked again.... It's just how I am.

So to be lied too, to be given differing stories with each phone call, to be taken for a mug really does get me (stronger words withheld as I want to stay a member of CC). So to be given information by RCI after I asked for was a godsend in me getting the correct information.

RCI 1 Travel Agent 0

So, As payment seems to have only just been made due to me jumping up and down, I have been told that there is always a delay with payment reaching the cruise companies. So... Now we wait till Friday when I should be able to print the SetSail Pass.

Thank you to all those of you who replied and gave me some very useful information and advice.

Gary