Question about upper berth

sunshine state

Better to do berth if you are ok with that choice. It is actually pretty comfortable and has a light up there they can turn on and off. They put it away every morning and take it down at evening turndown. Whereas they always leave the couch set up like a bed and you have to ask several times to get it put back in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your replies! Are the upper berths comfortable for a 23 year old female or would the couch be better. It seems the cabins are a bit cramped so trying to decide if it would make a difference to have my daughter sleep in an upper berth instead of the couch.

That picture above is not very accurate. Here is a better picture for comparison. The top berth and the couch both made up. The top berth is the same size as the couch. I think but could be wrong it holds some like 300 or 500 lbs. but size wise is the same as the could in length and width. I slept in them in college when traveling on Celebrity many years ago with no issue. 416B7779-7D8C-400A-BADD-CA6A04A9CEAF-12610-0000098655FCA7E2.jpeg.438bc72e5b16bd9ac1ee01a94a14edb3.jpeg

Better to do berth if you are ok with that choice. It is actually pretty comfortable and has a light up there they can turn on and off. They put it away every morning and take it down at evening turndown. Whereas they always leave the couch set up like a bed and you have to ask several times to get it put back in the morning.

We have never had the couch left as a bed during the daytime. It is always returned to a couch in the morning and turned down at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never had the couch left as a bed during the daytime. It is always returned to a couch in the morning and turned down at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have for our last four cruises. We just ask to put it back to the couch. Sometimes they are great about it, others not so much and need reminders. The berth though always goes away.

Thank you for your replies! Are the upper berths comfortable for a 23 year old female or would the couch be better. It seems the cabins are a bit cramped so trying to decide if it would make a difference to have my daughter sleep in an upper berth instead of the couch.

We used the upper berth for my 18 year old daughter last year on Eclipse. Worked well for us, keeping couch free (although limited headroom). The upper berth remained in position all cruise, it was not put back during the day.

My 22 and 19 year old's, say the bed is defiantly better....a proper mattress. It is a thin mattress only on the pull out couch. It also gets in the way, if your up earlier and the youngsters are having a lie in. When we had a balcony cabin, you had to step over the couch bed to get out onto the balcony. Not good for either of us.

That picture above is not very accurate. Here is a better picture for comparison. The top berth and the couch both made up. The top berth is the same size as the couch. I think but could be wrong it holds some like 300 or 500 lbs. but size wise is the same as the could in length and width. I slept in them in college when traveling on Celebrity many years ago with no issue. [ATTACH]421790[/ATTACH]

Looks very crowded..esp if upper berth person needs to use the bathroom

Looks very crowded..esp if upper berth person needs to use the bathroom

It actually isn’t. They don’t keep that draw open. It has always been closed for us. The berth doesn’t come out farther than the couch does.