YES OR NO? Eclipse cabin directly under pool water (not pool chair area)

skrapngal

We are looking at an inside cabin under the pool... I'm thinking it should be quiet as it is directly under the water and not the seating area. Or do you still get noise from water pumps and such?

I believe that you are misreading the deck plans...

There are five interior cabins on Deck 11 [1528, 1530, 1532, 1534, and 1536]… All are located forward of the ship's front bank of elevators and aft of the circular staircase that connects the Canyon Ranch Spa facilities on Decks 11 [smaller spa space] and 12 [larger spa space]...

The Solarium Pool is aft of the ship's front bank of elevators...

The interior cabins to which you refer are beneath the spa [specifically treatment rooms as I recall], not the Solarium pool...

I believe that you are misreading the deck plans...

There are five interior cabins on Deck 11 [1528, 1530, 1532, 1534, and 1536]… All are located forward of the ship's front bank of elevators and aft of the circular staircase that connects the Canyon Ranch Spa facilities on Decks 11 [smaller spa space] and 12 [larger spa space]...

The Solarium Pool is aft of the ship's front bank of elevators...

The interior cabins to which you refer are beneath the spa [specifically treatment rooms as I recall], not the Solarium pool...

Am actually looking at Deck 10, cabin 1100... just forward of the aft elevators. nothing on Deck 11 is indicated, but Deck 12 has the middle pool -forward of the splash zone but behind the first pool (which would explain why there is nothing listed on Deck 11)

Edited by skrapngal

Am actually looking at Deck 11, cabin 1100... just forward of the aft elevators. nothing on Deck 12 is indicated, but Deck 13 has the middle pool -forward of the splash zone but behind the first pool (which would explain why there is nothing listed on Deck 12)

According to deck plans on Celebrity website it appears 1100 is on deck 10 and not deck 11 on Eclipse

We were directly below the pool on a cruise once .. also in an inside cabin right below the water in the pool with a deck in between, just as you noted. One caveat, this wasn't on Celebrity but on Princess.

Anyhow, we thought, fine ... no problem! That is when we booked it. Well, big problem!!

The cabin wall, directly behind the headboard shook like crazy. We called and called ... couldn't figure out what the problem was. And of course, they knew but didn't want to say. They kept trying to blame it on the wind. It was an INSIDE cabin, dude!!

Anyway, my DH went to go inspect what was above us in one of those little service doors one deck up. He saw a lot of pipes and vents up there. In the meanwhile, it kept happening and I called engineering again. He made the mistake of coming by the cabin right at the time when it was at its worst. He apologized profusely (kind of acting like it was the first they've ever heard of this happening).

Long story short, it was the water value for filling the pool and hot tubs and it was awful. They did arrange a schedule for the filling and emptying of the pool which they did abide by and no more issues but that was 5 days into a 9 day cruise. I now choose my rooms a lot more carefully, much as you are doing and I always stay away from being that cabin under the pool, even if there is one deck between my cabin and the pool.

I would move if at all possible.