Fascination 10/29 Just got cancelled. Now what

Oh dear, this is just my kind of luck! Can anyone advise me?

I got fed up with the runaround and called my Carnival rep yesterday. I asked what would happen if I cancelled. She said I would get 75% of my money in a credit towards a future cruise, since I had purchased *their* travel insurance. Since I no longer had a hotel room in PR (Sheraton Old San Juan), and my return flight was scheduled on Monday (the day after) , I cancelled.

Now, less than 24 hours later, I read that ALL of the Fascination cruises are cancelled!! Do I have any hope or prayer of getting the full refund, or am I basically screwed for deciding to cancel too soon? I have not yet contacted the travel insurance company to file a claim.

I also cancelled my flights (with Spirit). They gave me a credit of 100% of what I paid, but say I must book another flight within 60 days. Does anyone know if that means I have to fly within 60 days, or just make the arrangements? I would really like to try to take this cruise sometime next year, when PR is back up and running again!

Just a happy update! I was on hold for about an hour, but Carnival is giving me a complete refund AND basically offering a free cruise as long as I book it before November 17th! And Spirit Air is also refunding my money instead of making me take a credit! I am delighted with both companies right now!

Just a happy update! I was on hold for about an hour, but Carnival is giving me a complete refund AND basically offering a free cruise as long as I book it before November 17th! And Spirit Air is also refunding my money instead of making me take a credit! I am delighted with both companies right now!

Thanks for updating, so glad to hear it is working well for you and your trip. Even with the disappointment of missing a cruise that you have been looking forward to, taking a positive attitude is great. This is a great thing they are doing to help aid all of the people in Puerto Rico to help in their recovery. Glad to see Carnival stepping up and aiding in this as well as taking care of their customers. Just think how much you will really enjoy your free cruise now. :D

Sound like they were very generous to the ones whose cruise was cancelled this month. Any others in November get the same offer?

My cruise on the Fascination was in January, and my offer wasn't as generous - only a 25% cruise credit.

While I'm here, let me list what they're offering me for this cancellation; your mileage may vary:

* Full refund of cruise fare paid, airfare purchased through Fly2Fun, pre-purchased shore excursions, beverage and Fun Shop items.

* Reimbursement of up to $200 in airline change fees, if needed

* 25% cruise credit for a booking made by November 17

* If I book the Fascination again and am willing to take an Early Saver fare, I've been offered $100 in non-refundable OBC, 50% off the deposit, and a 2 category upgrade

I'm considering my options and have a few questions - like is the cruise credit based on the total amount of the cruise, or the amount that I actually paid (in my case, just the deposit)? I also had a $100 onboard booking credit, and I'd like to salvage that. IF I can get what I want AND pile all these offers together, then I might be able to get a really nice cruise out of this.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

We were on the 10/22 sailing and are getting the full refund plus 100% FCC. My question: 100% of which amount?

There's a difference between 100% of the base fare (like you'd see in the Carnival Fare viewer) and the "all-in" total when you do an actual booking that includes port fees, etc.

Hypothetically speaking: what happens if we find a replacement cruise for EXACTLY the same rate? Will we potentially still pay the taxes/fees out of pocket? We've got 9 people / 4 rooms, so it'd be nice to know as we're researching our options.

We were on the 10/22 sailing and are getting the full refund plus 100% FCC. My question: 100% of which amount?

There's a difference between 100% of the base fare (like you'd see in the Carnival Fare viewer) and the "all-in" total when you do an actual booking that includes port fees, etc.

Hypothetically speaking: what happens if we find a replacement cruise for EXACTLY the same rate? Will we potentially still pay the taxes/fees out of pocket? We've got 9 people / 4 rooms, so it'd be nice to know as we're researching our options.

Well, I got my own question answered by the PVP that contacted us to help with rebooking. FYI:

100% credit will be for the base fare.

If base fare is less than what we booked: We forfeit the difference.

If base fare more than we booked: We will pay the difference.

We will still need to pay for taxes, fees, gratuities, etc.

Now, to find another sailing..... ;p