Fascination 10/29 Just got cancelled. Now what

Just received an email from Carnival stating they are cancelling cruises on fascination until Jan 2018 as it is being using for humanitarian services/housing. They way I read the letter we get 100% refund (in 3 weeks) and 100% cruise credit for future cruise. Not sure what that exactly means. Can anyone explain? We have never been in this situation before. Does anyone know if this is happening with other cruise lines/ships?

At first I was angry. For the last month, updates will be forthcoming, Monday update, cruise is on. Wednesday it's not. So refund and a 100% credit. I'm over it. I love cruising. Carnival is helping the hurricane relief and its customers.

We were on the nov 12th sailing, no fcc for us (according to carnival). So looks like were stuck with flights to nothing in particular. Ugh.

I was wondering about the FCC. We bought the Jan 28 Fasc while in Europe on the Vista. Still a free cruise and you can change the air. Kind of glad its canceled. Didn't really want to go on the rust bucket right before a dry dock but it was a group trip... I think the people of PR need more time to recover. Many hotels are not going to be open until after the new year at the earliest.

I just read some info on the cancellations, I doubt Carnival Is going to give all canceled sailings a free cruise credit. We should get something even if booked out in January as this has been a complete screw up by Carnival. On Monday sailings were a go and now Wednesday canceled. They owe me a FCC as well. I'm happy they canceled as the people of PR shouldn't have a cruise ship in port when there are so many other needs.

Oh dear, this is just my kind of luck! Can anyone advise me?

I got fed up with the runaround and called my Carnival rep yesterday. I asked what would happen if I cancelled. She said I would get 75% of my money in a credit towards a future cruise, since I had purchased *their* travel insurance. Since I no longer had a hotel room in PR (Sheraton Old San Juan), and my return flight was scheduled on Monday (the day after) , I cancelled.

Now, less than 24 hours later, I read that ALL of the Fascination cruises are cancelled!! Do I have any hope or prayer of getting the full refund, or am I basically screwed for deciding to cancel too soon? I have not yet contacted the travel insurance company to file a claim.

I also cancelled my flights (with Spirit). They gave me a credit of 100% of what I paid, but say I must book another flight within 60 days. Does anyone know if that means I have to fly within 60 days, or just make the arrangements? I would really like to try to take this cruise sometime next year, when PR is back up and running again!

Oh dear, this is just my kind of luck! Can anyone advise me?

I got fed up with the runaround and called my Carnival rep yesterday. I asked what would happen if I cancelled. She said I would get 75% of my money in a credit towards a future cruise, since I had purchased *their* travel insurance. Since I no longer had a hotel room in PR (Sheraton Old San Juan), and my return flight was scheduled on Monday (the day after) , I cancelled.

Now, less than 24 hours later, I read that ALL of the Fascination cruises are cancelled!! Do I have any hope or prayer of getting the full refund, or am I basically screwed for deciding to cancel too soon? I have not yet contacted the travel insurance company to file a claim.

I also cancelled my flights (with Spirit). They gave me a credit of 100% of what I paid, but say I must book another flight within 60 days. Does anyone know if that means I have to fly within 60 days, or just make the arrangements? I would really like to try to take this cruise sometime next year, when PR is back up and running again!

You can try, call and see they might be kind and work with you but I am going to say you are out of luck.

We were on the nov 12th sailing, no fcc for us (according to carnival). So looks like were stuck with flights to nothing in particular. Ugh.

Lot's of cabins available at great prices on Royal Caribbean, NCL and Celebrity out of San Juan.

Mine also says 25% for the Jan. 14-21 sailing.

I hope they actually work with Spirit Airlines!

I just called to see if I can cancel for no charge or credit for other flights.

She said: They have received no notice. Said it would cost a fee of $100 pp and $75.96 processing to cancel.

We had 4 cabins booked for 10 persons, on top of 2 condos rented for 3 days prior to the cruise.

This is a pain in the you know where.

Ours was Nov.19th SAILING. Tried to find different cruise but Carnival will not open til noon. I do not blame Carnival for the loss, but I do blame them for not trying to help us til noon. Cannot imagine all the cruisers trying to change itineraries at that time. I checked a cruise and found 1 cabin here, I there all over the ship.

Our 20th Anniversary trip and family vacation was on the Dec 17th Fascination sailing out of San Juan. We booked with cruise411.com (never again!) and they aren't even aware that ALL Fascination cruises from October 15, 2017 through January 28, 2018 have been cancelled. We found out here on the boards about the cancellation and directed them to Carnival's statement.

Our Cruise411.com phone call was 2 hours long. They had to call Carnival to request the refund, but then Cruise411.com has not agreed to refund their $100 fee, $24.99 processing fee, OR the $396 we paid to them for Leisure Care Insurance. What a nightmare.

We also have 4 airline tickets to San Juan booked - Southwest hasn't received a bulletin or update about Carnival's sweeping cancellations. They told me to call back.

I obviously recognize that this is a "first world problem" but I feel for everyone affected by these Fascination cancellations.

The email I received only discussed the 10/15, 10/22 and 10/29 sailings. Hopefully they will send notices to all regarding the November, December and January sailings quickly. I'm beyond disappointed but totally understand and am thankful to receive a full refund as well as 100% cruise credit as long as I book another cruise in the timeframe given.

Time to look for another cruise. :)

Our 20th Anniversary trip and family vacation was on the Dec 17th Fascination sailing out of San Juan. We booked with cruise411.com (never again!) and they aren't even aware that ALL Fascination cruises from October 15, 2017 through January 28, 2018 have been cancelled. We found out here on the boards about the cancellation and directed them to Carnival's statement.

Our Cruise411.com phone call was 2 hours long. They had to call Carnival to request the refund, but then Cruise411.com has not agreed to refund their $100 fee, $24.99 processing fee, OR the $396 we paid to them for Leisure Care Insurance. What a nightmare.

We also have 4 airline tickets to San Juan booked - Southwest hasn't received a bulletin or update about Carnival's sweeping cancellations. They told me to call back.

I obviously recognize that this is a "first world problem" but I feel for everyone affected by these Fascination cancellations.

What is it that you need for SW? Did you book air that is refundable? Otherwise you would get a credit to use that you have a year to use the funds. One of the best things about that airline that I love.