Excursion for a 6 and 9 year old

Sean&Karen

Looking for suggestions for excursions for the family. We would love to go zip lining, but is there any place that will accept kids who are 6? Does a guide zip with them if they are too small to do it themselves?

Was also thinking something like a 4x4 ot dune buggy tour or something like that would be fun for the kids. Anything like that in San Juan?

Following. We too are interested in the zip line excursion. My youngest is 7 and I don’t know if she would get scared by herself on the zip line. Maybe this one is tame because there’s no minimum weight. All the other zip lines on the other islands and back home all have min age and min weight and my older one doesn’t meet the min weight.

Walk to the forts the in the old city. They are huge and wonderful, full of history, displays, and views. Enough to keep kids interested for a few hours. Then walk back down hill towards the ship, and have lunch somewhere.

This is what we did (2 adults, no kids) last year. Loved the forts though you wouldn't have to do both, we did.

Mar29_SanJuanPR430-XL.jpg

Mar29_SanJuanPR490-XL.jpg

And the forts are US National Parks, so cost is cheap.

When you get a ticket at one fort, you also get free into the other one.

The forts are similar, so it doesn't matter which you do. We like the one that is up hill on the right side, which is San Cristobal

Mar29_SanJuanPR407-L.jpg

It is more rustic with lots of tunnels and rooms to visit, barracks with beds set up, uniform displays, etc.

The other one has a more modern feel in parts, but it has that big green field and graveyard in front that people like.

Mar29_SanJuanPR445-L.jpg

They are close enough together you can walk from one to the other.

robin

I know a lot of places do not permit young children to zip line. They usually have kids wait until they are 10 or so to do the actual zip lines. They often let them do other activities (obstacle courses) if they have them and they are appropriate.

We have 4 active kids (12-20) and will be there for 3 days before our cruise. We plan to visit the forts, Old San Juan, rent a kayak or paddle board (bunch of places on laguna del condado), and visit some beaches. (A few ideas) I’d love to visit the rainforest but not sure what will be open.

Whatever you decide I am sure you will have fun! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rainforest excursion via royal Caribbean looks cool, but I have no idea why the min age is 10. Is the hiking very difficult?

Usually any excursion policy regarding age or weight is due to Insurance Carrier liability.