Pride's Arrival Time back at Baltimore

patticake1129

Thanks VaderPrincess,

I have sailed the Pride before also, but that time just seemed late to me, and didn't want to have to be hanging around the port if we got in earlier.

Have a wonderful cruise!

This is later than other ships due to the distance that the ship has to travel to get back. Have a great cruise. My favorite ship

• 6 months later...
Crap! We are used to early docking ships, so have an 11:15am flight on debarkation day. Will we not make it even doing self-disembarkation?

If the Pride gets in at 10...even if you jumped from the ship to the dock...you'd not make an 11:15 flight

We have been on the Pride six times and the arrival time is dependent upon the conditions. On our April 2017 cruise we were scheduled to return at 10am and with self assist I was driving home at 9:45am. I have been monitoring the Pride's travel and it has been arriving in Baltimore earlier than 10AM, sail again soon. On one of our cruises we arrived in Baltimore after 10AM and another time we were delayed boarding because the previous cruise didn't return until around 11AM. The arrival truly depends on the conditions, but I would say more often than not I believe it arrives before 10AM.

Crap! We are used to early docking ships, so have an 11:15am flight on debarkation day. Will we not make it even doing self-disembarkation?

When reviewing schedules, this particular cruise has never posted an "early" arrival. Sorry you have that flight, but maybe much luck, a speedy cab and a lot of hustle will help you get to the airport and through TSA on time. Good luck. Then again, you may want to try to delay your flight an hour or two so you don't ruin the end of your vacation with so much stress. Whatever, hope things work out ok.

The Pride docked in Baltimore at 9am today.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I was on this cruise and although we docked at 9, we couldn't get off the ship until 10ish. We were the first group off for carry off debarkation (I'm guessing after fttf and VIPs) and we didn't exit the terminal until 10:45.

The delay was due to the high winds during the night so the ship was moving slower then usual.

• 7 months later...
what do you think of a 12:15pm flight out of bwi? safe? next option is 3:05pm.

I would NOT take the 12:15 flight. If you dock at 10, are off by 11:00, at the airport by 11:30, depending on the airline you may not be permitted to drop bags, check in, etc. If there are any delays whatsoever you will miss this flight....not safe in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

The winds can affect the docking process. Last Nov. our ship was stopped in the harbor for over 2 hrs. until the winds subsided and we arrived at port just after 1 p.m.. We have also taken the same cruise and arrived on time. Luckily I am able to drive to this port.

My take is...sometimes they arrive on time and sometimes they don't.

hope this helps

Oh yes...that cruise in Nov....we were delayed embarking, because the previous cruise was late arriving as well. We weren't allowed into the port area until 4 p.m. Carnival sent us emails the afternoon before as well as in the morning. I doubt that was the same issue.

what do you think of a 12:15pm flight out of bwi? safe? next option is 3:05pm.

305. She is notoriously late for the reasons posters have stated. Much better to relax on the ship and have a relaxing trip home rather than rush IMHO

As much as I love sailing the Pride (6X) and the convenience of the Port of Baltimore to home, I absolutely detest how the weather and water conditions affect and how the harbor master handles docking.

Out of the 6 times I have sailed on her only twice has the ship arrived at the port at the scheduled time. 2 voyages it was late docking and the other 2 it was early. One of the dockings was over 4 hours late, luckily the family members picking us up were visiting the Inner Harbor and was happy to have extra time to do so. The 2 times we were early we still had to remain on the ship till scheduled time as the Customs officials were not even "on the job" yet.

With the high variability for the Pride returning to port and being dependant of a pick-up by a private 3rd party I would definitely warn them that the pick-up time may have to change that day. If we had to fly from Baltimore we would most certainly decide on either the latest flight of the day or even the next day if time allows.

As much as I love sailing the Pride (6X) and the convenience of the Port of Baltimore to home, I absolutely detest how the weather and water conditions affect and how the harbor master handles docking.

Out of the 6 times I have sailed on her only twice has the ship arrived at the port at the scheduled time. 2 voyages it was late docking and the other 2 it was early. One of the dockings was over 4 hours late, luckily the family members picking us up were visiting the Inner Harbor and was happy to have extra time to do so. The 2 times we were early we still had to remain on the ship till scheduled time as the Customs officials were not even "on the job" yet.

With the high variability for the Pride returning to port and being dependant of a pick-up by a private 3rd party I would definitely warn them that the pick-up time may have to change that day. If we had to fly from Baltimore we would most certainly decide on either the latest flight of the day or even the next day if time allows.

From watching the postings and my experience it seems that the Pride's arrival is very dependent on weather. In December, one week the Pride was back early and the next week it was a couple of hours late. Now that the cold is, hopefully, behind us it will be more consistent. Also, when the Pride was late (12/31) traffic was a mess because cars were lining up for the next cruise before people were off the boat. They were trying to let people in to pick up but the parking lot was still full so they could not let people in to park. The fact that it was below 10 deg made it tougher.