GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

Kim, we are doing Liberty on March 29th...still has rooms available. I was kind of wishing I was on a cruise last week as our temps were -20 to -29 for about 3 days. Tomorrow will be 41 and hopefully it will melt the snow and ice off the roads. :eek:

Good lord I was freezing when I took my trash out Tuesday morning and it was in the high 40's. -20, no way! :eek: It was a pleasant 85 in Orlando today. I'm considering a move to Florida in the next couple of years. I hate the cold.

I don't have a cruise booked for next year except the Freedom OTS late next summer. I'd love to sail the Liberty, but not during spring break. Too many kids! :o My girl Nancy (CC member All4fun&fun4all) invited me on her Fantasy cruise in May. I hope I can make it, but I might have some obligations to take care of around that time and don't want to book yet. I'm planning to do some land trips to South America next year. Cartagena, Buenos Aires, Lima, and Rio are all on my radar. I might get in a short cruise or 2, but I don't know about any other long ones. I really want to do the 3 day Bahamas again where the ship overnights in Nassau. That was awesome. :D

Thanks for such a great review and pictures

Love your dresses - you look "mah vah less dahling"

I really want to do this Aruba cruise , hopefully Breeze or maybe the Freedom

Love your review and Mikeys

Have fun on your shorty cruise and I look forward to reading your reviews...thanks

Edited by sharecruises

Hi Karen! Yes my Imagination cruise was last month and my Sensation cruise is in 12 hours! :D I get back Sunday and will *try* to get started with the reviews Monday, but it might be midweek. Next week for sure though, two more GAPearl reviews are coming your way. :)

Yayyyy!! Enjoy your cruise and we'll all be waiting for your reviews.

Good lord I was freezing when I took my trash out Tuesday morning and it was in the high 40's. -20, no way! :eek: It was a pleasant 85 in Orlando today. I'm considering a move to Florida in the next couple of years. I hate the cold.

I don't have a cruise booked for next year except the Freedom OTS late next summer. I'd love to sail the Liberty, but not during spring break. Too many kids! :o My girl Nancy (CC member All4fun&fun4all) invited me on her Fantasy cruise in May. I hope I can make it, but I might have some obligations to take care of around that time and don't want to book yet. I'm planning to do some land trips to South America next year. Cartagena, Buenos Aires, Lima, and Rio are all on my radar. I might get in a short cruise or 2, but I don't know about any other long ones. I really want to do the 3 day Bahamas again where the ship overnights in Nassau. That was awesome. :D

You are living life right with all this traveling. Good for you. I'm hoping it's not too much of a spring break cruise with Easter being so late. We have a balcony, so I have a place to retreat. Looking forward to reading your next reviews. Btw, got up to 40 today, felt like spring!

Enjoy your cruise and I can't wait to read your reviews when you get back!

Kim, have a GREAT time on your Sensation cruise!

Excited to read your two new upcoming reviews.

Susan

Yayyyy!! Enjoy your cruise and we'll all be waiting for your reviews.

Thanks ladies! They'll be coming this week. I'm uploading pictures to photobucket now.

Thanks for such a great review and pictures

Love your dresses - you look "mah vah less dahling"

I really want to do this Aruba cruise , hopefully Breeze or maybe the Freedom

Love your review and Mikeys

Have fun on your shorty cruise and I look forward to reading your reviews...thanks

Thank you! I think calling the warm chocolate melting cake with two ice creams the Mickey Mouse is getting popular. My waiter on Sensation this weekend called it that also. Book the Breeze if you can. She's an amazing ship and Aruba is so beautiful. :)

You are living life right with all this traveling. Good for you. I'm hoping it's not too much of a spring break cruise with Easter being so late. We have a balcony, so I have a place to retreat. Looking forward to reading your next reviews. Btw, got up to 40 today, felt like spring!

Yes, I love traveling and I'm so blessed to be able to do so. Life is good. :) I got home today and was like BRRRRRR!!!!! I can't take this cold!

Alrighty then, been patiently waiting for the two shorty cruise reviews, like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive :D.

Really like the photo of you with Santa in your signature!

If you post the new reviews in new link, could you be so kind as to post something here so we know when to look for them as often I don't make it to CC Mon-Fri when I am working.

Thanks again.

Susan

Hello, don't know how I have missed your reviews before, but this was wonderful, lots of pics and detail. And might I add you are a very attractive lady, the right man is right around the corner. Oh to be 20 years younger, lol, keep cruising and keep writing your wonderful reviews

Mimgan

Thank you! I think calling the warm chocolate melting cake with two ice creams the Mickey Mouse is getting popular. My waiter on Sensation this weekend called it that also. Book the Breeze if you can. She's an amazing ship and Aruba is so beautiful. :)

Yes, I love traveling and I'm so blessed to be able to do so. Life is good. :) I got home today and was like BRRRRRR!!!!! I can't take this cold!

GAPearl-

Speaking of cold...I'm here in Chicago, sitting in my office and waiting patiently for your Imagination/Sensation reviews. This is your week, right?!? I know that I'm not alone in my anticipation! ;)

I saw your picture and knew of you from other reviews. You are a natural story teller, and illustrator, lol. We will be doing the Breeze May 24th, 8 day. Can't wait. I just love your wardrobe, and outgoing personality. Plus you don't ramble in your reviews, I think Im rambling. But here I am getting excited about the trip and anticipating the developing love story!

Alrighty then, been patiently waiting for the two shorty cruise reviews, like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive :D.

Really like the photo of you with Santa in your signature!

If you post the new reviews in new link, could you be so kind as to post something here so we know when to look for them as often I don't make it to CC Mon-Fri when I am working.

Thanks again.

Susan

Here's the link to my new review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1957128

I took the picture with Santa Saturday night. I made it my profile picture on FB and it's gotten 164 likes from my friends!

Hello, don't know how I have missed your reviews before, but this was wonderful, lots of pics and detail. And might I add you are a very attractive lady, the right man is right around the corner. Oh to be 20 years younger, lol, keep cruising and keep writing your wonderful reviews

Mimgan

So glad you found me, better late than never. Thanks for the nice words. :)

GREAT review gapearl! Enjoyed it.

Thank you very much!

GAPearl-

Speaking of cold...I'm here in Chicago, sitting in my office and waiting patiently for your Imagination/Sensation reviews. This is your week, right?!? I know that I'm not alone in my anticipation! ;)

Yep, this is the week! I want to try to have them both done by Monday. I don't plan to take my laptop with me when I go home for Christmas next week. It's posted so go check it out!

I saw your picture and knew of you from other reviews. You are a natural story teller, and illustrator, lol. We will be doing the Breeze May 24th, 8 day. Can't wait. I just love your wardrobe, and outgoing personality. Plus you don't ramble in your reviews, I think Im rambling. But here I am getting excited about the trip and anticipating the developing love story!

Funny you don't think I ramble. I think I do sometimes lol. Thanks for all the nice words. You will love the Breeze next year. Have fun planning! Maybe you'll have a better love story than I did. haha :p

Finally find "G" - post #103. LOL!!!!

Haha I went to dig up that picture just for you! The original cornbread post that started it all! :D

Two years later, I say THIS IS STILL NOT CORNBREAD!!!! You can't just put corn on top of bread and call it cornbread. :rolleyes:

DSC09675-1.jpg

I remember this from 2 yrs ago. ROTFLOL!!!! OMG hilarious!!

Edited by cynt

Finally find "G" - post #103. LOL!!!!

I remember this from 2 yrs ago. ROTFLOL!!!! OMG hilarious!!

That post should be in the cruise critic hall of fame. lol

Thanks for another couple of your great photo reviews...your smile is a winner. :):):):)

Thank you so much! :)

Another great review you wrote. It was very detailed, informative, and most importantly, fun! I never knew that Curacao got its colors because of one person's corporate interests, rather than from a grass roots movement. The La Romana portion was especially interesting. I actually went there on land trip to an AI when I was 19, and I took an excursion to Altos de Chavon, only by road, rather than by river. The village was amazing, and the workers were really cool, and I got to practice my Spanish with them.

I gotta hand it to you; your review made me warm up to the idea of cruising solo on a big ship. I've always been a fan of older, smaller ships, like Carnival's Fantasy class, due to their old-school vibe and their close-knit social atmosphere. Maybe I'm just biased, because all my good cruise experiences were on a ship like that. But after reading your review, as a solo on a long cruise on a big ship, with all the great things you had to say, I'm quite willing to try Breeze now.

This brings me to my question: is Breeze outward-facing (many ocean views from public areas, like on traditional cruise ships) or inward-facing (many strictly indoor promenades, like on RCI's Oasis and Allure)?

Your daily exploits are so fun to read, and incredibly honest (that's a good thing). I can actually experience what's happening on a daily basis vicariously through you.

Great descriptions and pictures. Very funny as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Side note: Noticed your mention of the cruise confidential series, which I have read and found enjoyable, while on the other hand cheesy and narcissistic drivel. I think it's obvious he took liberties. Don't forget I said enjoyable. I read them all if that say something.

Point is, since you work in the airline agency and enjoyed that book, make sure to check out Cruising Attitude, by Heather Poole. Her book is similar, but about being a flight attendant. I found it to be well written and honest as well.

we headed to dinner at 7:45 pm. This was our first time trying your time dining. I’ve always had late dining but decided to give this a try to have a little more flexibility, and also because late dining was too late for my mom on our last cruise. There was a short line but no wait. I asked the hostess if we could be seated at a large table with others and she opened a 6 top for us. She sat two middle aged ladies from ohio with us, but the other two seats remained empty. We had great conversation all night. Service was good but pretty slow. It was close to 30 minutes before we got our appetizers.

our waiters for the night.

0de7d41b-e25f-4ad7-bff7-5ba4f39605d9_zps271162aa.jpg

vegetable spring rolls appetizer.

7ec57558-30bd-4a82-b8e5-a30129b604e5_zpsed72e11c.jpg

fruit cocktail appetizer.

8862e828-ce2f-4fa6-86cb-fd40701f5496_zpsc5e4385a.jpg

salmon entree.

285d9ca2-3068-4264-ad03-5cf982b9107d_zps997c55c1.jpg

chicken a la greque. It was a tad bit salty.

ac783f99-4101-499a-b371-2bde9b86672d_zps997bf5ff.jpg

in addition to being a pretty darn good review writer, i'm also a poet! Allow me to showcase my skills.

ahem.

roses are red,

violets are blue,

never order just one ice cream with your warm chocolate melting cake,

always order two!

ha!

d9ffee3f-0c2d-4e28-b40e-2dcd25788137_zps21d29acf.jpg

nice!!!!!

Have you been on Carnival Glory before? I have been on the Breeze and wanted some comparison.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi! No, I'm sorry I have not sailed the Glory. I have sailed a couple of Glory's sister ships, but without the 2.0 upgrades so I really can't compare them. You'll have a great cruise on either ship though. :)

Another great review you wrote. It was very detailed, informative, and most importantly, fun! I never knew that Curacao got its colors because of one person's corporate interests, rather than from a grass roots movement. The La Romana portion was especially interesting. I actually went there on land trip to an AI when I was 19, and I took an excursion to Altos de Chavon, only by road, rather than by river. The village was amazing, and the workers were really cool, and I got to practice my Spanish with them.

I gotta hand it to you; your review made me warm up to the idea of cruising solo on a big ship. I've always been a fan of older, smaller ships, like Carnival's Fantasy class, due to their old-school vibe and their close-knit social atmosphere. Maybe I'm just biased, because all my good cruise experiences were on a ship like that. But after reading your review, as a solo on a long cruise on a big ship, with all the great things you had to say, I'm quite willing to try Breeze now.

This brings me to my question: is Breeze outward-facing (many ocean views from public areas, like on traditional cruise ships) or inward-facing (many strictly indoor promenades, like on RCI's Oasis and Allure)?

So glad you enjoyed reading! Don't be hesitant to book a cruise solo on a big ship. Depending what your interests are and where you hang out, you'll still run into the same people. The Breeze is a great ship. She's like all of Carnival's other ships in that there are many outward facing areas. The one thing I didn't like about the Navigator of the Seas was that I sometimes forgot I was on a ship. The inside of the promenade had a mall feel to it. I love Carnival's promenade deck. There are lots of windows where you can always look out and see water during the day. Also I love the ocean plaza on deck 5.

Your daily exploits are so fun to read, and incredibly honest (that's a good thing). I can actually experience what's happening on a daily basis vicariously through you.

Great descriptions and pictures. Very funny as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Side note: Noticed your mention of the cruise confidential series, which I have read and found enjoyable, while on the other hand cheesy and narcissistic drivel. I think it's obvious he took liberties. Don't forget I said enjoyable. I read them all if that say something.

Point is, since you work in the airline agency and enjoyed that book, make sure to check out Cruising Attitude, by Heather Poole. Her book is similar, but about being a flight attendant. I found it to be well written and honest as well.

I've heard of that book. I'll have to check it out. Maybe one day I'll write a book about cruising and flying. lol Thanks for reading!

nice!!!!!

Yes indeed it was!