Good, Bad And Ugly On My Pearl December 5th Cruise

NLH Arizona

So happy to see more about the Pearl!

I know that she recently went into dry dock. How is the condition of the ship? Are the updates apparent or does it feel a bit aged?

In ship age it shouldn't feel old, it really isn't. I think it hit the water in 2007. No, the updates are not apparent but the ship is in very good condition.

We sail on the Pearl 12/30. We have only been on 2 cruises prior to this, both on the Dawn and we loved everything about it, especially the evening shows. I've looked at the dailies that were shared (thanks!) and this entertainment seems very different. Could anyone that has seen the shows recently share your opinion of them? I know they do a Legends show, but what about the others? It just list names of people I don't know... comedians? Singers? Would love to hear your feelings on them and how they would compare to the shows on the Dawn (aerialists, magicians, musicals) Thank you!

They are across the railroad tracks from the terminal.

We took a cab from our hotel (Loews) and the driver took us around back where the buses load and unload.....porters tagged our luggage and let us in the back door.....second time out of New Orleans for us and both times we were taken in this way......

Not sure how or why we have been lucky this way? But maybe it depends on the time of arrival or if you taxi driver knows how to "work" the system?

We took a cab from our hotel (Loews) and the driver took us around back where the buses load and unload.....porters tagged our luggage and let us in the back door.....second time out of New Orleans for us and both times we were taken in this way......

Not sure how or why we have been lucky this way? But maybe it depends on the time of arrival or if you taxi driver knows how to "work" the system?

well our taxi driver knew how to work the system as well, but the system he worked was ours. I won't go into detail, but I am still under doctors care because of our stupid taxi driver and he forced hubby to tip him 25%. Unfortunately he was in business for himself and we were too stupid to get his name, cab number or anything else. JERK!!!!!

My taxi driver was taking me a different way, but they had police out there directing traffic to where I had to drop off my bags.

What was sad to see, is the folks that were having a hard time. One couple way in front of me; for example, he was dragging a wheeled carry-on and she had a walker walking over the railroad tracks. By the time I got up to them and offered help, it was on pavement and they both said they were okay.

on our cruise they were across the street about a block away, near where the taxis were dropping us off.

Hmmm, we always drive since we’re about 40 minutes from New Orleans and park in the whale lot. The first time we went, we were on a big bus and they did as the others have described and took us around the back so to speak.

Hopefully we’ll be able to find them pretty easily tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the ship for Dec. 5 as well and went to most of the evening shows. I was impressed with the singers/dancers. On other cruiselines they were a disaster but the singers especially (the girls) were very good. The first comedian Anthony/Andrew P? - none of us in our group were fans at all of his type of comedy. The second comedian, Lucas Bohn did the evening show and 2 nites later he did an "adult" version. It was unfortunately held in the new Spinnakers that was just re-opened and many seats were still not in. It was standing room only and it was too bad it wasn't held in the main Stardust Theatre. Again, it was a great show. The Legends were good, not great, although I wouldn't see it again. Overall I was impressed with the majority of what they offered. I'm a big trivia buff and was not a fan of it being held in the open Atrium so didn't attend any of the trivias, just heard them as I was walking past.

I was on the ship for Dec. 5 as well and went to most of the evening shows. I was impressed with the singers/dancers. On other cruiselines they were a disaster but the singers especially (the girls) were very good. The first comedian Anthony/Andrew P? - none of us in our group were fans at all of his type of comedy. The second comedian, Lucas Bohn did the evening show and 2 nites later he did an "adult" version. It was unfortunately held in the new Spinnakers that was just re-opened and many seats were still not in. It was standing room only and it was too bad it wasn't held in the main Stardust Theatre. Again, it was a great show. The Legends were good, not great, although I wouldn't see it again. Overall I was impressed with the majority of what they offered. I'm a big trivia buff and was not a fan of it being held in the open Atrium so didn't attend any of the trivias, just heard them as I was walking past.

we were on the same itinerary earlier in November. Like you we love trivia but not crazy over it being in the atrium. It seems this is the trend now. The past 3 or 4 cruises we have done trivia has been in the atrium. I think the intent is to get more people involved.