Georgia Pearl Turns Bermuda Girl: My Pride Cruise to the "Island Paradise" & TS Karl.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:56 AM.
4,559 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
After dinner I caught one of the comedy shows and then met up after with Sean in the club. It was pretty empty so we went up to the lido for a quick snack.

The blind bunny rabbit my cabin steward left. I mean where are his eyes?

These are the free water bottles Carnival left us for return guests.

4,559 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Finally here are the internet prices. I bought the social media package the first day.

I highly recommend downloading the Carnival HUB app before you leave. You can connect to it for free and see what's happening around the ship as well as get most basic information.

Ok that's it for now! I'll be back later to respond to comments and will try to get day 2, our first sea day, done tomorrow. Thanks for following along!
Canada
231 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Odd, we had 2 bars (rounds) of soap in our room. Maybe the bunnie's eyes were lost with your soap!

Agree with the HUB, we all had it, except for my mother ... we all loved it, easy to stay in touch and a great value for $5.00 total.

I think the sail away wasn't that populated due to the roof being partially closed. Spent most of our time at the forward pool as the Serenity was packed and to avoid the mid-pool area as it was hot and loud. I noticed it was never really crowded/used the entire cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
*~* Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory. Dr. Seuss *~*
257 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Great review so far!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Premier Cruise Line's The Big Red Boat 11/91 | Bahamas
-Norwegian Majesty 12/13/08 | Bahamas
-Carnival Fascination 12/12/09 | 5 Night Bahamas
-Carnival Legend 7/17/11 | 7 Night Western
-Carnival Sensation 1/08/12 | 4 Night Bahamas
-Carnival Freedom 1/06/13 | 6 Night Western
-Royal Caribbean Explorer August 12, 2016 | 7 Night Alaska
-Royal Caribbean Oasis Jan 22, 2017 | 7 Night Eastern
-Carnival Vista Jan 2018 | 8 Night Eastern Caribbean

Upcoming:
-Independence of the Seas Jan 2019 | 5 Night Western Caribbean

"Now...bring me that horizon!"
-Captain Jack Sparrow
Lafayette, LA
377 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Yay!!!! It's a GaPearl review. Congrats on your move to Nevada. Looking forward to reading more of your review of your cruise with your mother & Sean. I will also be on the look out for Sean's review also.

I will have a balcony for the first time for my upcoming cruise(Decided to splurge & go for a spa balcony on the Breeze for Halloween.).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Sensation 2/2005(Mardi Gras cruise from New Orleans a.k.a the Sensational cruise that started my cruising addiction); Carnival Triumph 10/2010(Triumphant return to cruising out of New Orleans after 5 years.); Carnival Conquest 10/2011(Road trip to Galveston.); Carnival Elation 10/2012(My sister's 1st cruise & the beginning of her cruise addiction.); Carnival Conquest 11/2013(1st ever repositioning cruise.); Carnival Splendor 11/2014(Repositioning cruise #2 - My belated 40th birthday present/Sister's belated birthday present & 2nd cruise. Splendorous time in Puerto Rico & many new(And one familiar) ports.); Carnival Magic 10/2015(Magical Halloween); Carnival Breeze 10/2016(A Breezy Halloween w/a cruising virgin).

Upcoming: 11/4/2017 3 Louisiana cruise addicts say Hasta la Vista to Louisiana for a moment & Hola to Miami & the Vista. 2018 Who knows? Back to NOLA? Miami? Back to San Juan? The only thing I know is that it will be on a Carnival Fun Ship.

The angel & the devil are cruising together while their mother is watching over them from up above(RIP Momma).
VA
425 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
So excited to read about your Bermuda adventures! I'll be heading to Bermuda on the Sunshine at the end of the month. My first solo cruise!!! Nervous but excited at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
11/12/17 Carnival Dream Western Caribbean -- First Ultra Cruise
01/12/18 Carnival Dream Western Caribbean -- Premier Cruise

Past Cruises:
08/07/17 Carnival Sunshine Canada/New England
05/06/17 Carnival Glory Western Caribbean -- Premier Cruise
01/19/17 Carnival Liberty The Bahamas
10/23/16 Carnival Sunshine Bermuda
07/09/16 Carnival Magic Western Caribbean
01/02/16 Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean -- Premier Cruise
08/23/15 Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean
07/12/15 Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean
05/16/15 Carnival Splendor Cruise To Nowhere
07/07/13 Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean
05/24/13 Carnival Glory Cruise To Nowhere
07/21/12 Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean
07/18/05 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean
Northern Virginia
146 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Hey Kim,

Always a fan of your reviews.

NEVER thought I would see a neighborhood bar on a cruise critic review. I live about 2 minutes down the road from The Salsa Room! Crazy to see it on here.

Subscribing for sure. Keep up the good work.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adam - Cruising since 1999

PAST CRUISES

RCCL Viking Serenade - February 1999 (Baja California)
Carnival Dream - January 2013 (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Sunshine - March 2016 (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Dream - September 2016 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Breeze - October 2016 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory - January 2017 (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Dream - May 2017 (Western Caribbean) Read about this on my semi-LIVE Report thread
Carnival Magic - August 2017 (Southern Caribbean)
Carnival Magic - November 2017 (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Dream - January 2018 (Western Caribbean, Piano Bar-Barians III)

UPCOMING:
Norwegian Getaway - February 2018 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Breeze - January 2019 (Eastern Caribbean, Piano Bar-Barians IV)
North Carolina
4,528 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Always enjoy your reviews Thanks so much for doing another one....Our first trip to Bermuda was on the Pride
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jane
Virginia
4,130 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Yea!!! Another GAPearl review!!! I'm really enjoying this one and it's so funny to see some places almost literally in my "backyard" featured in a review...DC! Even though about 30 miles southwest of DC, we hardly get down there. The last time was in 2012 to see the cherry blossoms, which were spectacular. And I cracked up at the "Forest Gump" reference. For our first Liberty cruise (April 2014), we flew out of Dulles, taking off to the north then looping around before heading south. We were on the right side of the plane and got great aerial views of DC and actually got a picture in which all monuments, memorials, etc. can be seen. So glad you didn't rent a car...Metro is great for getting around.

Even though we can drive to Baltimore, we've never cruised on Pride, but we're very interested in an Bermuda itinerary on her, so really looking forward to following along. Thank you for taking the time to do another review.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LIBERTY - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
CARNIVAL LIBERTY - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami); LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
CARNIVAL VALOR - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645
CARNIVAL GLORY - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
CARNIVAL FESTIVALE - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)

Southern Maryland
5,358 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Enjoying your review!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean 1/2018
Carnival Breeze W. Caribbean 1/2017
Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas W. Caribbean 10/2016
Disney Fantasy 11/2014
Carnival Dream E. Caribbean 11/2013
Carnival Glory CruisetoNowhere 5/2013
Carnival Paradise W. Caribbean 4/2013
Carnival Breeze Exotic Caribbean 1/2013
Carnival Pride CruisetoNowhere 11/2012
Carnival Spirit Alaska 5/2012
Carnival Pride Bermuda 11/2011
Carnival Triumph Canada 6/2009
HAL Zaandam E. Caribbean 3/2005
Carnival Sensation E. Caribbean 7/1998
Carnival Celebration W. Caribbean 12/1996
SS Lurline Hawaii to LA
566 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
So excited to read another one of your famous reviews and to Bermuda no less!! Looking forward it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Celebration - December 2001
Carnival Conquest - October 2010
Carnival Conquest - November 2011
Carnival Destiny - March 2012
Carnival Magic - February 2013
Carnival Triumph - November 2013
Carnival Glory - April 2015
Carnival Triumph - October 2015
Carnival Conquest - November 2016
Carnival Valor - May 2017
RC Liberty of the Seas - April 2018
Carnival Vista - October 2018
VA
2,380 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Subscribed!

Can't wait til you get to the cornbread!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Trolley bar on the Celebration
All Carnival cruises beginning 4/22/95 - currently booked on #41
Upcoming: 4/21/18
Ohio
655 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
great review. i was on this cruise too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Just another S.K.I. vacation...."S"pending "K"ids "I"nheritance one cruise at a time...

1981 - Holland America - SS Statendam - Alaska
1984 - Holland America - SS Noordam - Alaska
1990 - Disney Cruise line - Disney Ship - Bahamas
1991 - Admiral Cruises - Emerald of the Seas - Bahamas
2000 - Holland America - SS Statendam - Alaska
2001 - RCCL - Vision of the Seas - Alaska
2003 - NCL - Sun - Alaska
2006 - Costa - Magica - Western Caribbean
2007 - RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas
2009 - NCL - Majesty - Bermuda
2010 - Carnival - Pride - Bahamas
2010 - RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas - New England / Canada
2011 - Carnival - Pride - Bahamas
2011 - Carnival - Pride - Bermuda
2011 - RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda
2012 - RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda
2012 - RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas - New England / Canada
2013 - Carnival - Pride - Bahamas
2013 - RCCL - Grandeur of the Seas - Bermuda
2013 - Carnival - Pride - Bahamas
2014 - RCCL - Grandeur of the Seas - New England / Canada
2015 - RCCL - Grandeur of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
2015 - RCCL - Grandeur of the Seas - Bermuda
2015 - RCCL - Grandeur of the Seas - Western Caribbean
2016 - Carnival - Pride - Bahamas
2016 - RCCL - Grandeur of the Seas - New England / Canada
2016 - Carnival - Pride - Bermuda
2016 - Holland America - Zuiderdam - Panama Canal
2017 - RCCL - Grandeur of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

2017 - MSC - MSC Divina - Western Caribbean
2017 - Carnival - Pride - Bahamas

on RCCL

minnesota
2,470 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Welcome back Kim! Vegas is looking good on you! Your stunning as ever. Love that blue hair to bad it couldn't stay. Can't wait to read the rest I know it will be great. Looking forward to checking out your Cuba pictures. that is one place I do want to visit!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Imagination Jan, 2006 & Jan, 2008
Destiny Jan, 2009
Liberty Jan, 2010
Spirit Feb, 2011
Ecstasy Oct, 2011 & Feb, 2013
Elation Jan, 2012
Sunshine Jan, 2014
Freedom Oct 2014
Breeze Feb 2015
Jade March 2016

Connecticut
5,060 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
You could always have the ADMINS change your screen name. You won't lose your post count, or anything.

NVPearl has a nice ring to it.

Patiently waiting for more.......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
01-1994 Carnival Sensation-Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios
04-15-2012 Carnival Pride-Half Moon Cay, Freeport, and Nassau
04-13-2013 Carnival Breeze-Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk
07-05-2014 Carnival Breeze-Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao, and Aruba.
6/11/2016 Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas-St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee.

4,559 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by fuzzmane
Another awesome review coming our way. I can't wait to read it and live the cruise along with you.
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

Originally posted by nybumpkin
Really looking forward to this! We're on the July 2 cruise to Bermuda on Pride next year. On off-season weather: DH's grandparents sailed to Bermuda from New York in January 1938. We have the pictures. They were bundled up on deck.
Wow 1938! I can't imagine ever taking a cruise now in cold weather. Weather should be nice when you sail, as long as you can avoid the storms unlike us lol.
4,559 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by fyree39
Looking forward to your review. We'll be in LV next weekend visiting the in-laws. Did you buy a home in LV? DH and I spent a weekend poking around North Las Vegas, Summerlin, and Henderson with hope that we'd find an area we'd be happy to retire to. No such luck. I've never seen so much concrete outside of Los Angeles!
Thanks for reading! No, I'm not buying out here but renting. I have no intention on buying another house (unless I find myself married one day) because I don't want to be tied down to living in one place. Selling my house in Atlanta has been an absolute nightmare. I might decide to leave here after a couple of years and don't want that stress. I have a good real estate agent friend here I could refer you to if you do decide to buy.

Originally posted by atinys
im here im here....just in time to catch your review.....

popcorn ready........
Get some wine too.
4,559 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by pirate4me2
Yay!! Another GAPearl review!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app
Yayyyy!!!

Originally posted by aztekpm
Yay, it's here and I was there I like getting to relive the cruise x2! I did see you a couple times, but each time you were in conversation, so I wouldn't interrupt.

We did have eye contact and a smile in the terminal waiting to board ... I was in the FTTF, right by the door to the premium area.

I also saw you taking your pictures on the Lido ... LOL you were snapping everything in sight!

I still haven't taken a solo cruise, but, due to your encouragement on your last review, I did go on my first truly solo land vacation last May and had a blast. My Sept. Vista cruise will be my first solo! At least so far... The Bermuda cruise was my yearly vacation with my mother, but we ended up being 6 strong, so we'll see.
Hey there! I so wish you had interrupted and said hi at some point! I love meeting CC people. I did meet one lady from here that asked are you on CC? I was like ummmm, yeah. lol My next two cruises will be solo. You'll have a good time on your first solo. I'm glad I could be your inspiration.
4,559 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by Love2Cruz2015
Looking forward to this review! Loved all of them...
Thanks! Glad to have you back!

Originally posted by Jamman54
Hey Kim!! I've been waiting for this one. One of my favorite reviewers, on my favorite ship, sailing to Bermuda no less! Bring it on girl!!!
Jeff! Hey stranger!!! I can't wait to finish this so I can read your review. Of course I'm happy to have you back reading along.