Booking advice for families on Star

Laurenran

My family of 5 is looking to book a cruise on the Norweigian Star next year. It looks like our only option is the $10k suite or booking two separate rooms. Any advice on what types of rooms and what combo of perks to choose? It looks like we'd have to put one adult in each room, so we'd have to pick UBP for both rooms, which the kids would obviously not be able to take advantage of. Our TA says kids can't be in separate room. The kids are all under 12. My sister will also be traveling with a family of four, so thinking splitting our group into 3 balcony cabins with 3 in each room. Thinking of selecting UBP and 3rd person free as our two perks.

Look into the Family Suites without balconies on deck 12. They are spacious with a huge bathroom. All have a sofa sleeper and most have a murphy bed also for the kids. We have stayed in these rooms 4 times. We didn't miss the balcony since the room has floor to ceiling windows and is just down the hall from the pool deck. Usually the price is less than two balcony rooms and you would get the suite perks of snacks and meals in the room from the butler.

We did 28 days B2B on the Star in 2014. Liked the crew. Only thing we didn't like was that the buffet doesn't end with a sunset bar.

We did a cabin crawl on the Star and saw a lot of suites. The suites vary in configuration, depending on where they are located. I remember seeing a couple of suites with 2nd bedroom where the 2nd bedroom was lake an oversized closet with no window to the outside. Not impressed at all with that one.

We had some friends that were a couple with third person one of them's sister. It was one large room with a curtain. That cabin would probably be cheaper than the two bedroom and I think a better choice. There was a sofa that made up to a bed.

I can recommend the family suites on deck 12. They sleep 6 in one large space with divider walls and curtains. Large bathroom. Breakfast and lunch in Moderno.

Butler service. In suite dining included at no extra charge.

Very near the pool deck and biergarten.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your responses and help! We are sailing in March 2018 and yes, the family suite is 10k!! That's a bit much for a Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA. My sister is looking at the mini suite but the max occupancy is 4. Since we have 5, we will probably end up getting two balcony cabins, looks to be the best deal.

• 5 months later...

any idea if the family suites on the Star have the same "foggy window" issue experienced on the Dawn..Anyone recently been in one on the Star that had clear windows? looking to book soon.

any idea if the family suites on the Star have the same "foggy window" issue experienced on the Dawn..Anyone recently been in one on the Star that had clear windows? looking to book soon.

It seemed to be fixed in our Feb 2017 sailing but the main b f no longer separated and the Murphy bed mattress was worn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could not believe that the family suites had increased in price so much, so I just did a mock booking. The pricing, depending upon the week chosen, was $4,800.00 to $6,500.00 for a family of 5. I tried with no extras, and then picking all 4 offers.

I think it's worth a look to check on these again. I loved this suite when I was in it, but just to clarify it was only my DH and myself. But If we had three young kids, wouldn't bat an eye at booking one of these!

The suite perks are really enjoyable!

Good luck!