Suite Benefits on the Dawn

Gampy1967

I am a little confused. I know that we will have "access" to Moderno for breakfast and lunch by staying in a suite. However will there be a charge for the meals since it is a specialty restaurant or will the meals be complimentary?

Thanks.

No charge.

And one of the best perks for suites on the Dawn and Jewel class ships.

(for real suites of course, not mini-suites)

Thanks. We will be in an OS so definitely a real suite. We are looking forward to the trip.

Thanks. We will be in an OS so definitely a real suite. We are looking forward to the trip.

When are you going? I am also in a DOS on the Dawn in January. I have never sailed on her. I would love to hear your experience if you are going sooner.

I am a little confused. I know that we will have "access" to Moderno for breakfast and lunch by staying in a suite. However will there be a charge for the meals since it is a specialty restaurant or will the meals be complimentary?

Thanks.

Monderno is the complimentary restaurant for suites guests only, service breakfast and lunch. It turns into a specialty restaurant for dinner for the entire ship.

The DH and my DBIL went on a brothers cruise home to Bermuda and stayed in a suite. They loved every second. I think the afternoon snacks were their favorite. The DH claims it is my fault that I always want a suite but when he didn't book one and had a chance to get one he jumped on it. I knew he would miss it and he had not even sailed yet! LOL You can always "order in" from the regular menus and specialty menus are the only one that you would be charged for which would be the normal cost of the meal. Enjoy your anniversary and DOS!

I personally like sailing in a full suite on the Dawn, better than on the Breakaway. Although the Breakaway has the Haven Courtyard, the personal attention given by the concierge and butler have been superior on the Dawn. Don't know why, maybe less suites to deal with? Just my observation. As I always get a Spa Pass, the thermal suite is sort of like my Haven Courtyard, lacking the bar.

The perk of having breakfast and lunch at Moderno is not to be missed, do it a couple days any way. The steak they serve is the same filet they serve in Cagney's. I get it every morning as steak and eggs.

Too there is a section, velvet roped off, in the theater reserved for "Garden Villa" guests. The concierge opens it for all full suite guests. It isn't the prime location, but is still good.

I will be sailing the Dawn in another 43 days in a 2 br. family suite with balcony and first cruise as Platinum. Good Times ahead!

• 5 months later...

Hi NH! Read your post with interest! You sailed the Dawn in a 2 bd 2 bath suite with Balcony. I am sailing in 43 days in same type suite. (11050) I was wondering about the bedrooms...we are 4 single women and are hoping there are 4 sleeping ‘areas’ or potential beds...As it said ‘sleeps 6’ we thought it would be possible. I am hearing that one room has a king bed so 2 of us may be able to share but what is the 2nd bedroom like? I was in the Haven on the Escape this past aug and the 2nd bedroom is barely a closet. I am hearing the Dawn is better. I am also reading suite guests can have breakfast and lunch at either Cagneys or Moderno. How is the Balcony? On Escape you could barely fit two small chairs much less 4 to 6 guests. Any info you can provide is really helpful. Thanks

quote=NH Cruisers;53638779]I personally like sailing in a full suite on the Dawn, better than on the Breakaway. Although the Breakaway has the Haven Courtyard, the personal attention given by the concierge and butler have been superior on the Dawn. Don't know why, maybe less suites to deal with? Just my observation. As I always get a Spa Pass, the thermal suite is sort of like my Haven Courtyard, lacking the bar.

The perk of having breakfast and lunch at Moderno is not to be missed, do it a couple days any way. The steak they serve is the same filet they serve in Cagney's. I get it every morning as steak and eggs.

Too there is a section, velvet roped off, in the theater reserved for "Garden Villa" guests. The concierge opens it for all full suite guests. It isn't the prime location, but is still good.

I will be sailing the Dawn in another 43 days in a 2 br. family suite with balcony and first cruise as Platinum. Good Times ahead!

Hi Knot4Cindy - we just did the 2 bed suite on Dawn earlier this year. The second bedroom is tiny but does sleep 2. There is a very comfortable double bed (converts from a couch). Not a fold out couch bed, more like a futon couch. There is also a bunk that can fold down from the wall (giving 2nd sleeper). Personally, I would find 2 in that room too claustrophobic.

BUT, there is also a fold out bed in the living room couch. We had 4 people - 2 in master bedroom, one in small bedroom & one in living room. Worked great!

Thanks. I appreciate the info...jeez....we will just have to roll the dice to see who gets what. :halo:

Hi Knot4Cindy - we just did the 2 bed suite on Dawn earlier this year. The second bedroom is tiny but does sleep 2. There is a very comfortable double bed (converts from a couch). Not a fold out couch bed, more like a futon couch. There is also a bunk that can fold down from the wall (giving 2nd sleeper). Personally, I would find 2 in that room too claustrophobic.

BUT, there is also a fold out bed in the living room couch. We had 4 people - 2 in master bedroom, one in small bedroom & one in living room. Worked great!