Oasis dining changes

Hi fellow cruisers: I reviewed all the Compasses on the Jan 7th Oasis cruise and noticed that the Dining times for regular seating have changed.

Early is 530 pm

Late is 730 in the Silk & Grande

My Time remained the same 5-900

Has anyone else noticed the Change to 730?

• 2 weeks later...
It's back to 8:00 as of 1/28 sailing

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Must have been a test trial. I thought that was odd, since a 2 hour turn around is probably not very doable?

Hope you are enjoying your cruise! Have you taken a peek into the DL during happy hour lately? Curious if it is still so packed.

Must have been a test trial. I thought that was odd, since a 2 hour turn around is probably not very doable?

Hope you are enjoying your cruise! Have you taken a peek into the DL during happy hour lately? Curious if it is still so packed.

It is fairly full, nothing is as bad as first night. Beatrice tells me the lounge holds between 180 - 200 guests on both floors.

I tried to find the thread we were discussing the 7:30 dining time, but no luck.

Cruise has been nice, for the most part. Lots of cancelled shows due to rough seas

It is fairly full, nothing is as bad as first night. Beatrice tells me the lounge holds between 180 - 200 guests on both floors.

I tried to find the thread we were discussing the 7:30 dining time, but no luck.

Cruise has been nice, for the most part. Lots of cancelled shows due to rough seas

Yeah, it got windy here for a bit yesterday too. At least if you are going to be on a ship in rough seas...the wide load Oasis is the one to be on! :D

Did they open Blaze as an overflow?

Nope, no more Blaze overflow per Miami.

Millie from C&A, boarded in SJ. I have not seen her. I think she was scouting Labadee for some President Cruise activities. I had heard she was visiting to observe the happy hour crowds

Mariner dry dock is tearing out the old CL on deck nine and putting four inside cabins in that spot. Bottom line is RCI is kicking out the D+ from the CL and just calling it the Suites lounge now...which unfortunately makes it almost impossible to get into the DL with ever growing Diamonds coming of age. Making it even worse with no overflow and installing smaller Diamond lounges. :( Not feeling the love.

Mariner dry dock is tearing out the old CL on deck nine and putting four inside cabins in that spot. Bottom line is RCI is kicking out the D+ from the CL and just calling it the Suites lounge now...which unfortunately makes it almost impossible to get into the DL with ever growing Diamonds coming of age. Making it even worse with no overflow and installing smaller Diamond lounges. :( Not feeling the love.

Unfortunately been happening for years. I remember 20+ yrs ago Diamond was top tier and at most 4-8 on a cruise. Was pretty cool though the few of us sitting with Captain, Chief Engineer, Doctor, Hotel and Cruise Director. But too many upper tiers and small spaces in Diamond Lounge and CL...

Unfortunately been happening for years. I remember 20+ yrs ago Diamond was top tier and at most 4-8 on a cruise. Was pretty cool though the few of us sitting with Captain, Chief Engineer, Doctor, Hotel and Cruise Director. But too many upper tiers and small spaces in Diamond Lounge and CL...

Ahh..the good old days of elegant cruising. Sigh....

Yeah, we saw that coming and were anxious to get to D+ to still have access to CL. Now D+ are kicked out (like we are fooled when they simply renamed it the SL :rolleyes:).

The CL on Voyager class was always a glorified interior cabin, it’s new location replacing the card room in the VCL is far superior. Now there is a loyalty lounge and a suites lounge; book a suite and have your pick. I think consensus was it was never worth rushing to D+; it was always a filler tier w varying perks that have been devalued since day one of the tier.

The CL on Voyager class was always a glorified interior cabin, it’s new location replacing the card room in the VCL is far superior. Now there is a loyalty lounge and a suites lounge; book a suite and have your pick. I think consensus was it was never worth rushing to D+; it was always a filler tier w varying perks that have been devalued since day one of the tier.

Most of our cruises have been on Radiance class, plus many on Vision and Enchantment. For us having the DL/CL across the hallway from each other on those ships gave us a choice of going from one to the other easily if one was more crowded than the other. And believe me, the DL on Brilliance in December was totally nuts with the entire VCL blocked off for the DL. Tried twice to get drinks in there, could never get waited on. DH tried to stand in line for drinks at the bar, but I waved him off after 15 minutes. We stuck to the CL the rest of the cruise.

Also if the coffee machine is broken in one, can usually find the other working.

So now the choice is slowly being taken away from D+, after that carrot was dangled in the "achieving D+" level.

Book a suite...sometimes I do, thank you...but most times I find a JS to be more than adequate for my needs. Can book 5 JS cruises versus the cost for 1-2 full suites cruises.

If everyone booked a full suite...who would do the rowing? :confused:;)

We do miss the CL's and are sorry to see them disappear. For us, the vouchers have been a helpful addition when the DL is crowded. After a day or two on a ship, we already feel a bit overfed. So, while we might peruse the food on the DL, I don't miss it iI we opt for a bar. Plenty of good bartenders and interesting people to talk to there, too. And we sometimes we just hit the DL later after the crowd dissipates.

We do miss the CL's and are sorry to see them disappear. For us, the vouchers have been a helpful addition when the DL is crowded. After a day or two on a ship, we already feel a bit overfed. So, while we might peruse the food on the DL, I don't miss it iI we opt for a bar. Plenty of good bartenders and interesting people to talk to there, too. And we sometimes we just hit the DL later after the crowd dissipates.

I think that is what RCI is trying to do...steer pax away from the lounges with the changes they are making. Smaller lounge, no overflow, drink vouchers.

I also miss the CL on ships that converted to SL, but will continue to enjoy the ships that still offer them...while I can. :o