Corner Aft Family Veranda overhang?

Wondering how much cover the overhang from the veranda above provides? We’re on deck 8. Looks like we’re in for some wet weather on our ride down to Bermuda next week. Hoping we’ll be able to stay somewhat dry on the veranda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is plenty of overhead coverage on your balcony to keep you dry during wet weather. We've been in Deck 8 corner FV cabins three times including aboard Summit for our Bermuda cruise.

Here's some photos of Infinity FV8166 taken during our South America cruise where the overhead sheltered portion of our balcony was put to use:

74b2350c90aaf5d72897e8d5be100c1e.jpg

94d8b0f173d18ce1ace68b3c6edc1993.jpg

5f113957bce003ce535b2e04bec1aa5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

There is plenty of overhead coverage on your balcony to keep you dry during wet weather. We've been in Deck 8 corner FV cabins three times including aboard Summit for our Bermuda cruise.

Here's some photos of Infinity FV8166 taken during our South America cruise where the overhead sheltered portion of our balcony was put to use:

74b2350c90aaf5d72897e8d5be100c1e.jpg

94d8b0f173d18ce1ace68b3c6edc1993.jpg

5f113957bce003ce535b2e04bec1aa5e.jpg

Thank you. I’ve seen pictures but that second one really shows how much cover there is! Follow up, if you remember:

How was the light at night above the table? Bright enough to play cards? Also, how loud is that speaker and when did they use it?

So excited to be in this cabin on Sunday!

Our balcony light fixture was not super bright, but I suppose good enough for cards. You could get more light into the balcony from the cabin itself if you open the curtains on the balcony door.

As for the speaker, I don't recall being out there when it was used. So I can't say much about it other than it was never a nuisance.

Thank you. I’ve seen pictures but that second one really shows how much cover there is! Follow up, if you remember:

How was the light at night above the table? Bright enough to play cards? Also, how loud is that speaker and when did they use it?

So excited to be in this cabin on Sunday!

We were in 8166 on a TA aboard the Infinity. I have no recollection of ever hearing anything out of the speaker, so it was certainly not a problem.

You'll really enjoy this cabin!

We were in 8166 on a TA aboard the Infinity. I have no recollection of ever hearing anything out of the speaker, so it was certainly not a problem.

You'll really enjoy this cabin!

We’re in 8166 on Summit! We are a family of 5 with 3 kids, so we’ll be squished. But it was worth it for that balcony.

Wondering how much cover the overhang from the veranda above provides? We’re on deck 8. Looks like we’re in for some wet weather on our ride down to Bermuda next week. Hoping we’ll be able to stay somewhat dry on the veranda.

You'll stay dry and in good weather you'll have a choice of shade or sun. It is simply a wonderful cabin. I'm positive you'll love it.

I have been lucky enough to have the corner aft three times. It’s is the best balcony ever!!! Tip: The divider is very long and there is a gap a few inches wide so I bring masking tape and cover it up for extra privacy.

We’re in 8166 on Summit! We are a family of 5 with 3 kids, so we’ll be squished. But it was worth it for that balcony.

The one time we sailed to Bermuda, we were in 8166 (Summit) back in 2010. Here are photos that I took of the cabin and balcony (8 years ago): Summit FV 8166.

Hopefully this Shutterfly album is set up for anyone to view it. If not try this link (cut and paste it into your web browser): pix.sfly.com/bahQKAte

Edited by mahdnc

I agree, there is plenty of coverage. We had that cabin for a Norwegian fjord cruise and the views were spectacular! Our only issue was the cabin next to us was feeding the birds that kept coming until we had to call to have them stop. You won’t regret it!

Aside from only having one bathroom, that cabin will definitely house a family of five without any problems. You not be squished at all. And yes. You will love that cabin and balcony!

I agree, there is plenty of coverage. We had that cabin for a Norwegian fjord cruise and the views were spectacular! Our only issue was the cabin next to us was feeding the birds that kept coming until we had to call to have them stop. You won’t regret it!

And just of note, the seagulls perched on the end of the overhang so you want to be sure you don’t place your chairs right under that area or they may make a mess all over your head. ;p