No infinite veranda in suites on Edge?

12marshall

Based on deck plans, it certainly looks like both the CS and RS have areas with an infinite veranda. I think the Sky suites have regular verandas, and FWIW this is also what friends booked into SS have been told.

I'll be quick to admit if I'm wrong, but IMO the CS and RS have an area of the room that extends all the way out to the outer edge of the ship, but is not an infinite veranda. The infinite veranda has a set of doors that open and close to that space, and the window out there goes up and down. From the cabin layouts there do not appear to be those doors in either of those suites, and I'd be surprised if that window opened.

I agree with others that it does appear to be only floor to ceiling windows in the living room space. Too bad. A little surprised they didn't extend the same carpet and perhaps place a small dining table and a couple of chairs to better unify the space rather than break it up with different floor treatments.

From X's website, depictions of the CS. You can clearly see the floor to ceiling window in the “loggia” area.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/celebrity-suites/

The loggia concept is interesting, but unless booked on an Alaskan cruise or other cruise to a cooler climate, I think I would rather have the bigger balcony space. It will be interesting to see the reviews of those suites.

I agree with others that it does appear to be only floor to ceiling windows in the living room space. Too bad. A little surprised they didn't extend the same carpet and perhaps place a small dining table and a couple of chairs to better unify the space rather than break it up with different floor treatments.

There is already a dining table with bench seating in the CS. It is located near the entrance door of the suite.

I really like the layout of the CS on Edge, much better than on S-class, IMO. Though I will admit, the verandahs of the S-class CS are very nice!

Yes, I see now in the artist rendering that CS has a dining table. And now that I've see the visual of the living area, it does flow nicely. But I'm also really confused because in both the living room view and the bedroom view, there are clearly folding glass doors shown in the living room space that appear identical to those in infinite cabin designs. Hmmmm. The purpose for those would be...?

Yes, I see now in the artist rendering that CS has a dining table. And now that I've see the visual of the living area, it does flow nicely. But I'm also really confused because in both the living room view and the bedroom view, there are clearly folding glass doors shown in the living room space that appear identical to those in infinite cabin designs. Hmmmm. The purpose for those would be...?

They seem to be the doors to the bedroom area. I believe for privacy that they may turn opaque at the touch of a button?

The “loggia” in the CS has floor to ceiling windows with a sliding glass door on one side which leads to the verandah. All staterooms with Infinite Verandahs are noted on Edge deck plans. Suites do not have them.

Ahh yes. You’re quite correct. I was looking at the CAD versions of the suites in the deck plans:o