How to ignore a troll

Click on UserCP in the top left hand corner, click on Edit Ignore List, type in the name of the member you wish to ignore and hey presto, you will no longer see the nonsensical ramblings of an illiterate idiot. Note, you have to be logged in otherwise the nonsense will still appear.

I had hoped not to have to post this, as the troll has been well behaved for the last couple of days. Sadly it is now back with full force. If people did ignore it, and not communicate with it and quote it, it would have long since gone.:(

Click on UserCP in the top left hand corner, click on Edit Ignore List, type in the name of the member you wish to ignore and hey presto, you will no longer see the nonsensical ramblings of an illiterate idiot. Note, you have to be logged in otherwise the nonsense will still appear.

I had hoped not to have to post this, as the troll has been well behaved for the last couple of days. Sadly it is now back with full force. If people did ignore it, and not communicate with it and quote it, it would have long since gone.:(

Thanks for that Grez - I didn't know such a facility existed. Will now put it into operation!

I usually just lurk but the problem won't go away until I have signed in. Wish it was permanent.:(

I'm automatically signed in every time I go into the site so must have done a 'Remember me' or something like it on my computer. Could you do that to avoid having any sight of the problem?

I'm automatically signed in every time I go into the site so must have done a 'Remember me' or something like it on my computer. Could you do that to avoid having any sight of the problem?

Hi kruzseeka

I would do that but DH is paranoid about security (relates back to his working days) and as I am not tecnhologically (big word for this time of day) minded I will just log on when I pop in. Might do it in a moment of devilment but if anything went wrong he would go loopy.:eek:

It's just that I don't normally have a lot to say so just lurk until I think I may be able to help someone.

Thanks anyway.:)

Archived