Monday Traffic An Issue?

patcacmt

Hi - we are thinking of going back to Animal Kingdom for a few hours after disembarking the Disney Dream before our 6:00 p.m. flight. This would be on a Monday in late October. Considering we would be on the road from PC to WDW between 8:00-10:00 a.m. and WDW to MCO between 2:30-4:00 p.m., how would the traffic typically be? I can’t remember what the commute patterns are. Here in California, we have commuter nightmares, but generally it’s much worse in one direction (whether you’re going into or out of the city) depending on the time of day. Thinking of taking Uber-X to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to stash our luggage, by the way.

i live in tampa. sailed out of tampa and PC (driving back across). the quickest i did (which was getting off the ship asap and we parked in the garage at PC) was 45 to the exits to WDW (of course then it can be another 45 min or up to actually park). getting out of WDW to MCO (per my sis who lives in orlando and has done this for others many times) has been anywhere from 60min-2 hours depending on traffic. the whole I4 corridor (tampa/WDW/orlando/MCO/PC) usually starts to suck around 3pm ish. and you definitely want to be at MCO 2 hours early with the horrible security lines.

i live in tampa. sailed out of tampa and PC (driving back across). the quickest i did (which was getting off the ship asap and we parked in the garage at PC) was 45 to the exits to WDW (of course then it can be another 45 min or up to actually park). getting out of WDW to MCO (per my sis who lives in orlando and has done this for others many times) has been anywhere from 60min-2 hours depending on traffic. the whole I4 corridor (tampa/WDW/orlando/MCO/PC) usually starts to suck around 3pm ish. and you definitely want to be at MCO 2 hours early with the horrible security lines.

Disney World to MCO 1 to 2 hours? No way. Even at 6pm right now, the drive shows as 22 - 30 minutes. I've done that drive many times, all times of the day. I used to fly in to MCO often. No way even an hour outside of a major accident.

In fact, according to Google, it's not even a 2 hour bicycle ride...

Disney World to MCO 1 to 2 hours? No way. Even at 6pm right now, the drive shows as 22 - 30 minutes. I've done that drive many times, all times of the day. I used to fly in to MCO often. No way even an hour outside of a major accident.

In fact, according to Google, it's not even a 2 hour bicycle ride...

i think it also depends greatly on which park in WDW they were being picked up at (this is per my sis- who might be leaving some extra leeway time for what ifs). and i know more than once, it has taken me 30 min just to get out of the parking lot at WDW and onto I4.

i think it also depends greatly on which park in WDW they were being picked up at (this is per my sis- who might be leaving some extra leeway time for what ifs). and i know more than once, it has taken me 30 min just to get out of the parking lot at WDW and onto I4.

It's not going to take 30 minutes to get out of the Animal Kingdom lodge parking lot. ;p

I was in Orlando for a few days working last week and stayed on Disney property. I was driving on and off property several times a day going in to Orlando and it's just not that bad. It's a quick drive.

Right now, just after midnight, Google is showing a drive time of 24 minutes, but that’s going I-4 which will get more rush hour traffic. 417 takes about five minutes longer. I would expect that in a bit more traffic and going 417 it should take about 30-35 minutes. Do add more if you need to gas up.

As long as you avoid I-4 in either direction you will not have problems.

Upon returning, make sure your driver follows the Airport signs out of Disney. These will direct you to 417 which is the best way to go.

Give yourself 30 minutes but it may be a tad faster

Sent from my iPhone using Forums