Crown Princess - B755

Happy2cruise

Princess just gave us our Christmas present of an upgrade from a balcony to a premium balcony on our Crown 12/22 sailing. Not only that but it is one of cabins at the back of the boat that so many people rave about. If anyone has any information on B755 Baja deck or any rear premium balconies, please share!!:)

Edited by Happy2cruise

Wow! Great pressie from Princess.

We were in B750 on a recent TA, which is partially obstructed due to a beam, not an issue for your cabin.

We love aft balconies for the wake view and on Grand class ships for their proximity to HC/Cafe Caribe & Outrigger Bar on Lido. We could go up get coffee, breakfast, lunch, snacks, beverages and bring them back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony.

Although ours was a colder weather cruise (Northern Crossing TA in September) as aft balconies are quite sheltered, we still used it almost everyday.

There can be some vibration, especially when arriving in/departing from ports but we don’t find it bothers us. And while it is a bit of a walk to mid and forward ship, which some may see as a negative, helps get the steps in to make up for the extra calories. [emoji23]

Enjoy your cruise and your upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess we'll be "almost" neighbors on Friday! We're aft balcony on BAJA too. Consider joining in on the Roll call for our Crown Princess sailing, if you haven't. We have a Meet and Greet scheduled for Saturday Dec 23 at Skywalkers at 1030AM

Here are a couple of photos of B750. This is partially obstructed by the beam. As JF - retired JTT said, it’s no big deal IMHO.

Balcony is deeper and more sheltered behind the beam. Chairs can be turned sideways to sit in front of ‘beam’ or loads of room behind it for the table and chairs.

While not our ‘favourite’ aft balcony, wouldn’t hesitate to book it again. e32e012e38dd9ef4a23006e143735bbf.jpgc5b27e78e6500fc35f30b66ca5fcc5e5.jpgea705feeb66e9f5811035ad3dc614ac5.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of B750. This is partially obstructed by the beam. As JF - retired JTT said, it’s no big deal IMHO.

Balcony is deeper and more sheltered behind the beam. Chairs can be turned sideways to sit in front of ‘beam’ or loads of room behind it for the table and chairs.

While not our ‘favourite’ aft balcony, wouldn’t hesitate to book it again. e32e012e38dd9ef4a23006e143735bbf.jpgc5b27e78e6500fc35f30b66ca5fcc5e5.jpgea705feeb66e9f5811035ad3dc614ac5.jpg

Wellybeth, thank you so much for the pictures. Husband wondering if you have any pictures of the bathroom. From the diagram it looks like it may be larger than a normal balcony bathroom. Thanks!

Wellybeth, thank you so much for the pictures. Husband wondering if you have any pictures of the bathroom. From the diagram it looks like it may be larger than a normal balcony bathroom. Thanks!

Sorry, didn’t take photos of the bathroom & closet space - not sure why. But don’t remember it being any bigger than any other balcony cabin.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the pics! This is our cabin leaving for the abc islands in just a few weeks! We saw a picture of chairs and a small table in front of the obstruction so it won't bother us! By chance did they happen to put a new mattress in this cabin? I know they were working on it all over the ship.

Happy2cruise,

How did this work out for you and did you enjoy your room upgrade?

Feb 2019 we are doing our "Family" cruise and we have B754 and B756 booked on Crown.

Mirror of your side of the ship.

Hope to open the divider, sip some wine and relax with family watching the world go by!

Hope you enjoyed.

Happy2cruise,

How did this work out for you and did you enjoy your room upgrade?

Feb 2019 we are doing our "Family" cruise and we have B754 and B756 booked on Crown.

Mirror of your side of the ship.

Hope to open the divider, sip some wine and relax with family watching the world go by!

Hope you enjoyed.

We may be in the minority but really did not like the location. There was constant movement and for me with mobility issues, the wall became my best friend;) The views were great and the larger balcony (great for relaxing and wine sipping) was nice and we had the best room steward ever. I'm glad we did get to experience the rear location as always heard great things about these rooms. This is only our experience and I am sure you will enjoy it.

We may be in the minority but really did not like the location.

Sorry to hear that the AFT Balcony had that much movement for you. Other than the movement it sounds like you enjoyed the view and your cruise. We found that on the sister ship "Emerald" we really enjoyed the back of the ship up near Horizon Terrace. This will be our first time experiencing an Aft Balcony and time will tell if we are hooked or not.

Thanks for your follow up!