Miami hotel?

Jessieasanders

Looking for some recommendations for a hotel in Miami. 2 adults, 3 teenager. Flying into Miami on a Thursday, NCL leaving Sunday. We are hoping to find something convenient to things to keep the kids occupied on Friday and Saturday (beach and food), and then convenient to get to the ship. Thoughts? Advice? This is our first cruise, so any and all tips and recommendations are very much appreciated!

What area of Miami are looking to stay ? Price range for the room (s)? We have travelled with similar age children recently and to me a can t miss is South Beach. Great beach area, shopping, restaurants , and lots of other activities !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I stayed at YVE Downtown when it was under a different name (B2 Miami). It was a good experience, and we got a really great rate at the time. I paid $120/night 2 years ago, but it seems to be more expensive now. Still recommended. Get an oceanfront view and ask for a room on the top floor - the views are spectacular!

I've never been to Miami, so we don't really have an area in mind. We don't need a 5 star hotel, but don't want to stay in a place that I'm scared to sleep on the sheets :). Would be great if we had access to a beach, as this will be the first time seeing the ocean for 2 of the kids :)

Would be great if we had access to a beach, as this will be the first time seeing the ocean for 2 of the kids :)

Then you want to stay somewhere on Miami Beach, not in Miami (a separate city) as Miami itself is not on the ocean and has no beaches. (It will be very clear to you if you look at a map.) BTW, the YVE hotel looks out on Biscayne Bay, not the ocean; it's a pretty view, but....

Edited by Langoustine

Dates? :confused:

Budget? :confused:

The $300+ per night room in Feb can often be found for under $100 in August.

For your family I would look at North Miami Beach area.

Looking for some recommendations for a hotel in Miami. 2 adults, 3 teenager. Flying into Miami on a Thursday, NCL leaving Sunday. We are hoping to find something convenient to things to keep the kids occupied on Friday and Saturday (beach and food), and then convenient to get to the ship. Thoughts? Advice? This is our first cruise, so any and all tips and recommendations are very much appreciated!

Your teenagers will LOVE South Beach. Aside from the actual ocean and pools, lots of shopping and attractions. You do not need a car in South Beach.

The Clay Hotel has a family suite without breaking the bank even in peak season.

We are serving Thursday/cruising Saturday. 2 girls aged 12&14. We are staying at Shelbourne Wyndam SB. Great location. Right on beach. 5 minutes from Lincoln Road which is where we will probably be both nights. Sounds like it's pretty cool with nice shopping and restaurants.

We are doing a Segway tour of SB Saturday morning and a day at the beach Friday.

Edited by NCLfamily

We will be looking for a room Friday May 26th checking out that Sunday :). We are hoping to find something$200 /night/room or below. Crossing my fingers :)

No, no, and NO not South Beach Memorial Weekend.

Google Hip Hop Urban Beach Weekend.

It's not a mess of big ass/rap/drugs/fights you want to get into. Kids partying all weekend.

I would suggest heading up to Fort Lauderdale or going to the Keys.

Blue Herons is not kidding. The one year I found myself in the middle of it, it reminded me of a warmer version of New Year's Eve in Times Square, only with more crime. Last year they brought in 500 extra police officers to keep order, and the Miami Herald reported that arrests were down from 2014...I suppose that's encouraging...

Edited by Langoustine

We are looking for same advise lol! We are two adults, two girls, 10 and 13 in October 2016. Looking at Marriott Biscayne Bay (stayed there prev) and Grand Miami Beach Hotel, Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Hyatt downtown and Hampton Brickell......it is a super hard decision as we are coming in on Thursday and cruising Sunday as well. I have stayed in South Beach and it was SUPER expensive.....we are looking at approx. 200 to 250 a night. A suite would have been nice but harder to find for a decent price!

Would appreciate any other advice as well!!!

Leah

Edited by browniegirl
spelling

We are looking for same advise lol! We are two adults, two girls, 10 and 13 in October 2016. Looking at Marriott Biscayne Bay (stayed there prev) and Grand Miami Beach Hotel, Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Hyatt downtown and Hampton Brickell......it is a super hard decision as we are coming in on Thursday and cruising Sunday as well. I have stayed in South Beach and it was SUPER expensive.....we are looking at approx. 200 to 250 a night. A suite would have been nice but harder to find for a decent price!

Would appreciate any other advice as well!!!

Leah

In October, you should be able to find an accommodation that meets your budget of $200 - $250 night in Miami. October is our "shoulder" season, so low rates before and after the peak seasons.

I just suggested this on another thread, but maybe look into accommodations on Hollywood Beach, specifically the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. There are many mom and pop motels as well as the new Margaritaville Resort and Marriott Hollywood Beach. Lots of restaurants that are inexpensive along the Broadwalk and also across A1A along the Intracoastal. Very family friendly, lots of active things to do, and the beach is beautiful.

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

In October, you should be able to find an accommodation that meets your budget of $200 - $250 night in Miami. October is our "shoulder" season, so low rates before and after the peak seasons.

I just suggested this on another thread, but maybe look into accommodations on Hollywood Beach, specifically the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. There are many mom and pop motels as well as the new Margaritaville Resort and Marriott Hollywood Beach. Lots of restaurants that are inexpensive along the Broadwalk and also across A1A along the Intracoastal. Very family friendly, lots of active things to do, and the beach is beautiful.

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

Thank you so much!!!! I will definitely look into that! How far is Hollywood Beach from the Miami airport or port?

Leah

Thank you so much!!!! I will definitely look into that! How far is Hollywood Beach from the Miami airport or port?

Leah

Hollywood Beach is approximately 40-45 minutes from MIA and approximately 35-40 minutes from Port Miami, all depending on the day and time of the week you are traveling. It could be as much as 1 hour during weekdays and rush hour.

Edited by brunello22

Wow... Thank you so much for the info regarding Memorial Day weekend!! Maybe we won't fly in that early, and just add our beach days on to the end of our vacation ... So stay in Miami Beach Sunday June 5th. Any crazy festivals that weekend I should beware of?

No, no, and NO not South Beach Memorial Weekend.

Google Hip Hop Urban Beach Weekend.

It's not a mess of big ass/rap/drugs/fights you want to get into. Kids partying all weekend.

I would suggest heading up to Fort Lauderdale or going to the Keys.

This is NOT an exaggeration about South Beach!! Not at all. I have friends who live over there and who stay elsewhere over that weekend.

Thankfully Brickell sees none of this!

There are not huge festivals the following weekend so you would be fine adding it at the end.