Traffic on I-95

geocruiser

Driving home from Port Everglades on s Sunday morining about 7:30 AM. What is traffic like on I-95 going north?

It is a crapshoot.

Common wisdom says that it should be clear for your ride home however, that isn't the case with I95 between Miami and Palm Beach.

I picked my husband up at the Miami airport a couple of months ago at Midnight and it was 90 minutes each way from downtown Fort Lauderdale.

As long as it isn't the Sunday morning after a major holiday then it hopefully will be clear.

It is a crapshoot.

Common wisdom says that it should be clear for your ride home however, that isn't the case with I95 between Miami and Palm Beach.

I picked my husband up at the Miami airport a couple of months ago at Midnight and it was 90 minutes each way from downtown Fort Lauderdale.

As long as it isn't the Sunday morning after a major holiday then it hopefully will be clear.

Would OP do better to take the turnpike to Fort Pierce?

Driving home from Port Everglades on s Sunday morining about 7:30 AM. What is traffic like on I-95 going north?

We always drive back north on I-95. Never have had a problem on Sunday/Saturday ... week days are much busier.

You'll be fine! :)

What time of year? Are you driving all the way back to IL? If going all the way back to IL I would avoid I95 all together and take the turnpike northwest to Wildwood and jump on I75 north and avoid the whole I95 mess altogether.

On any of the Florida major arteries moving south, be it I-95 or the Turnpike, please do plan in at least an extra hour or two. Those call it a crapshoot are very accurate.

You won't encounter conventional traffic at 7:30 am on a weekend, but a big concern can be construction (which is EVERYWHERE) causing massive bottlenecks, or an accident (semi truck traffic is very heavy during off-hours) which can shut down all lanes.

If the traffic gods smile upon you and it's smooth sailing, then you've got an extra hour or two to explore Fort Lauderdale and have a leisurely breakfast/brunch. If they smite you, you'll be glad you left extra early. :)

We will be driving up the east coast of Florida to stay around Port Canaveral area. Last year we took I-95 back and it was awful. At that time we got off the ship about 9:30. This time we will do early walk off. So we should be off about 7:30. The other times coming and going we took the turnpike both ways, which was fine. I think I will try I-95, if I don't like it I will get off and go to the turnpike.

Lots of construction in and around Jacksonville. Take the 295 west bypass if you are heading to I-10. Take the east 295 bypass if going North on I-95 into Georgia. Either way don't go North and through Jax. Especially on a Sunday as that's the day they change the lanes.

Lots of construction in and around Jacksonville. Take the 295 west bypass if you are heading to I-10. Take the east 295 bypass if going North on I-95 into Georgia. Either way don't go North and through Jax. Especially on a Sunday as that's the day they change the lanes.

Thanks, we will not be going that far north as of yet. We have taken 295, it was so much better than I95 in Jacksonville.