Norovirus on sun princess

Currently on Sun Princess and norovirus has affected some passengers. To deal with it they have put measures in place such as no getting your own food in the buffet, all the books have been cleared out from the library, pencils are not being re-used for trivia etc., asking people to use their own cabin bathrooms wherever possible and the captain's cocktail party has been cancelled - though they have given us all a free drink voucher instead. Haven't been affected myself so hope it remains that way.

We will be on the Sun from this Thursday and have just received SMS to say boarding will be delayed and departure will not now be until 7pm so they will obviously be doing a deep clean. Any idea on how many passengers affected datone?

No - they haven't given any numbers. The Captain did say yesterday that the amount of people affected was decreasing and that the extra measures would stay in place to the end of the cruise.

We were on Sun a few years ago when there was a Noro outbreak. The crew handled it very well but I suspect at least one of the ill passengers didn't stay in quarantine as the numbers affected were dropping quite nicely then suddenly jumped again.

BTW apparently there is a serious Noro outbreak in NSW at the moment. There was a health alert isuued on August 3rd.

Yes, "Sun Princess will undergo a prolonged and additional disinfection" and the terminal will be closed until 4 pm.

Not looking forward driving to the port in peak hour traffic so will probably drive down after lunch and trawl Portside shops. Hope we can put luggage in then.

Yes, "Sun Princess will undergo a prolonged and additional disinfection" and the terminal will be closed until 4 pm.

Not looking forward driving to the port in peak hour traffic so will probably drive down after lunch and trawl Portside shops. Hope we can put luggage in then.

Some good movies currently at Dendy Portside, including The Big Sick (Comedy).

Sandielle, I think the Portside shops and cafes will all do a good trade! We fly down from Mackay tomorrow so will have most of Thursday to hang around. As you say, hopefully we can still drop off our luggage earlier on.

Pineapple Superfood Cafe is my favourite cafe.

Sandielle, I think the Portside shops and cafes will all do a good trade! We fly down from Mackay tomorrow so will have most of Thursday to hang around. As you say, hopefully we can still drop off our luggage earlier on.

Yes, I imagine it will be a tad congested. :D

I am pretty sure you will be able to check your luggage in at the usual time. Going from what happened a year or two ago at Portside, I don't think you will be allowed into the main terminal room at all until everyone has disembarked and they have totally sanitised the main room.

Have a great cruise.

We will be on the Sun from this Thursday and have just received SMS to say boarding will be delayed and departure will not now be until 7pm so they will obviously be doing a deep clean. Any idea on how many passengers affected datone?

Don't forget to take your daily shot of raspberry cordial, needs to be at least 25% raspberries to work, Cascade is a good brand. Much cheaper than taking Travelan 3 times a day to help protect against stomach bugs. It works, really it does, just google raspberry & gastro, lots of research done on it, especially in Australia. You will have to sneak it on because in the US a cordial is a Liqueur,.

Edited by reedy8
I can't spell

We were on Sun a few years ago when there was a Noro outbreak. The crew handled it very well but I suspect at least one of the ill passengers didn't stay in quarantine as the numbers affected were dropping quite nicely then suddenly jumped again.

BTW apparently there is a serious Noro outbreak in NSW at the moment. There was a health alert isuued on August 3rd.

Noro can break out anywhere...if you Google 'World Athletics Noro Outbreak' , the current championships are affected .

You just have to take care and wash ,wash , wash your hands .

It is currently going around schools as well. I had a bus load of children that I was driving last week who got it and by the end of the week many of the children were off sick due to that virus. Fortunately I have evaded it so far.

A cruise ship is somewhat harder as you cannot prepare your own food and the crew factor of having it and passing it on to you is the biggest risk that you cannot evade unfortunately. You can avoid other passengers but if the crew serving you food have it then chances are you will get it.

Part of an email from Princess earlier today:

Please do not arrive at the pier prior to 3:00 PM as the terminal will be closed for sanitation and there will be no seating or services available. Guests who arrive at the pier early may drop off their luggage and enjoy the surrounding area. All guests must be checked in by 7:00 PM.

Once aboard, the dining rooms will have open seating for dinner from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM. SHARE by Curtis Stone will be serving from 5.30 to 10:00 PM. The casual dining areas on Deck 14 — Horizon Court, Amuleto Café, and the Terrace Grill — will be open until 11:00 PM. Your safety muster drill will take place at 7:00 PM.

We will reach out to you should there be any additional changes to communicate. Please be sure you have your mobile phone number listed in your Cruise Personalizer.