Received Cunard 2005 Voyages brochure

seacruise9

Hi,

I received the brand new Cunard 2005 Voyages brochure in the mail today. The brochure is stunning and contains many excellent photos of the QM2's public rooms. It is truly deluxe and contains 95 pages on the QM2 and QE2. The brochure even contains the sizes of some of the QE2's cabin categories (including the snug 87 sq. ft. MI grade cabins).

Considering that I hadn't yet requested the brochure, I was a little surprised (and thrilled) to receive it today (I must be on a past passenger mailing list). I am sure that Cunard fans will greatly enjoy this brochure.

Chuck

Hey,

We were emailed that the QM2 brochure was mailed to us today (we ordered it). BTW, We have the original first brochure for the QM2 (way before she was built). Is that a collectors item?

PS everyone, I'm not the Chuck described in a thread that was removed yesterday that had a battle going on in it.

Chuck

Yes, I was happy to see that in the mail also. It looks like QE2 is definitely done in the Transatlantic market. According to the book, none are scheduled for 2005. I thought they were going to continue doing a couple of crossings a year but it seems not.

Hi Assam!

I got the brochure yesterday, too. Lelan and I were talking about maybe doing a crossing next summer on the QM2.

Does the QM2 have "themed" crossings like the QE2 did?

Denise

I should add that after querying my Cunard consultant, I found out that there may be a few QE2 crossings in 2006. I'm not sure about themed crossings on QM2, catnip. There is no indication of them in the 2005 book. I think for the timebeing "We're New!" is the QM2 theme!! :rolleyes:

Wowzo, that's really a trip to which I would love to look forward! Enjoy!!!

I'm probably gushing, but my first reaction after leafing through the 2005 brochure was "they've done it." What I mean is, I think Cunard has managed to recapture for QM2 -- if not for the brand -- a unique and powerful marketing position in the travel field held only by the likes of earlier liners, The Orient Express, possibly some great hotels etc.

It's not just the ship....

It's the ship plus the history of the company plus the history of transatlantic crossings (from Mayflower to great liners to WWII convoys and beyond) plus the headline grabbing plus the 'spontaneous' arrival celebrations in every new port plus the drama/romance/intrigue and even 'daring' (in part due to terrorism) plus the "state of the artness" of everything on board from interior design to technology.....the list goes on (associations w/ England, White Star service, Commodore Warwick...), but it's a combination of authentic experience, historical substance, style, and fantasy brought into a modern era where there aren't many such genuine embodiments of same.

I think they have accomplished what was certainly a potential -- but by no means a guaranteed success -- overcoming potential snafus all along the way. My bet is that -- barring a major disaster of some kind -- Cunard will have a steady line of people wanting to be on the ship for two years just from what they have done already.

Truly, I think well-deserved congratulations are in order. It's been fun watching Cunard succeed, and clearly, in some ways that are only now becoming evident, they have mostly known what they were doing all along.

Crouton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cunard’s QM2 QE2 2005 Voyages brochure is truly impressive but I am surprised no one has commented on one of the pictures on page 52 (Accommodations).

The model apparently adjusting her necklace may be elegant but she is not in a QE2 stateroom. That stateroom (and I know it well) is a category B Deluxe Stateroom (Promenade) on the Caronia/Vistafjord. As matter-of-fact that same picture has appeared in past Caronia brochures. Where were the proofreaders when the 2005 brochure was being prepared?

By the by Charlotte Vail can you back me up on this?

Cadum

You are indeed correct. That IS a B cat stateroom from the Caronia.

I had the same type of accommodation on Caronia on a trans-Atlantic

a couple of years back. When I spotted it in the new 2005 brochure

it stuck out like a sore thumb. I also noticed other puplic room shots

from onboard Caronia.

Either Cunard thought no one would notice, or they just threw those

shots in to give a general overview of 'Cunard ship board life'.

Can't fool us - we Cunarders know our ships don't we?

I am impressed by how well you all know the ships and spotted things like this. I have to agree that the 2005 brochure (well certainly the one that they sent out in the UK) is great. There are much better pictures, especially of the accomodations and restaurants, and I found it much better to use to see what I will be getting on the crossing on 15 December..... how long away that feels at the moment.

The Christmas and New Year QE2 2005 "Sunshine Getaway" over both Christmas and New Year sounds good. Though maybe the QM2 Caribean sounds FANTASTIC...

Gary

....and for any of you booked that totally decadent trip:

1 way on "QM2" in the deluxe penthouse suite

4 nights in the most deluxe suite at the most shi-shi hotel in London

(I forgot the name)

Return on a PRIVATE jet

all for ONLY $99,950 per person. (Don't know how many pounds that is), but I'm sure it's a lot!

Please post a thorough and complete review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Except for the QM2 brochures, Cunard has been using the same pictures for years. Some were taken after the 1994 refit (professional models). Doris Adler has been gone for years and the Chef Alois Inwinkl longer than that! Connie Kurtz has been having dinner in Tivoli for at least five years. Waiters and Waitresses have been promoted but still in the brochure.

But.... the cabin shown is definatley Caronia!!!!!! However, it will all be moot in about 6 weeks. Sad, but true. Welcome Saga Ruby.

Miss Vale

Archived