Food classes on Harmony

AnnetteSC

While looking at my cruise planner for our upcoming Harmony cruise, I saw they are offering a cupcake decorating class and an avocado fiesta class.

There is very limited info listed and was wondering if anyone has done one of the above mentioned classes.

I would be interested in one but not sure if it's interesting enough and worth the money.

Would appreciate opinions from people who have participated in one or both classes. Thank you!

The Avacado Fiesta is a new take on the Guacamole and margarita class at Sabor. We enjoyed the hands on class we did March of last year. Had plenty of food and was fun. However, the cocktail classes at Wonderland were our favorite.

Thanks! I didn't see the cocktail class listed...is it only offered while on board?

The Avacado Fiesta is a new take on the Guacamole and margarita class at Sabor.

Doesn't apply to just Harmony, but want to throw out there if you are stopping in Cozumel, another option is to take the Salsa, Salsa, Margarita class as a shore excursion. RC has probably copied this, but without the dance lessons.:D

Doesn't apply to just Harmony, but want to throw out there if you are stopping in Cozumel, another option is to take the Salsa, Salsa, Margarita class as a shore excursion. RC has probably copied this, but without the dance lessons.:D

One of our favorite excursions ;) It was well worth it.

My wife and I did both the guac class at Sabor and the sushi class at Izumi a couple weeks ago on Harmony.

We had a blast at both.

The sushi class was fun, ended up with two rolls, a hand roll and a couple nigiri. Quite a bit of food.

The guac class was fun also. You can make as much as you'd like. Came with lunch and a drink so the cost was pretty equal to what lunch would normally cost as I recall.

We may not do them again (one of those things that once you've done them there may not be a point to doing it a second time) but I'm not at all disappointed that we did them. I considered them worth the money we paid.

Oh, the cooking class at Playa Mia is much much much better. ;) :D

I appreciated being sent home with the guac recipe. My guac used to be decent, but Sabor's was better. Now I'll just make theirs.

Our class was pretty great. Guy gave us shots of silver, reposado, and anejo tequila, a regular margarita each, and then each person got to pick a different one to try as well. This was in Sabor on Liberty last week. Their people are very generous and fun.

We did that as a ship excursion and it did include the dance lessons.

My wife and daughter do the cupcake class every time they are are on the ship. One year they made the cupcake look like a hamburger and fries and the other time they made a shaggy dog. It was good bonding time and the cupcake were definitely picture worthy.

While looking at my cruise planner for our upcoming Harmony cruise, I saw they are offering a cupcake decorating class and an avocado fiesta class.

There is very limited info listed and was wondering if anyone has done one of the above mentioned classes.

I would be interested in one but not sure if it's interesting enough and worth the money.

Would appreciate opinions from people who have participated in one or both classes. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I did it on Allure and was part of our package via TA. You will need to sign up first day for your time during the week if you get coupon from TA. We made a shaggy dog. There were 10 I believe for each session. We had fun. The class was about 45 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
I appreciated being sent home with the guac recipe. My guac used to be decent, but Sabor's was better. Now I'll just make theirs.

Our class was pretty great. Guy gave us shots of silver, reposado, and anejo tequila, a regular margarita each, and then each person got to pick a different one to try as well. This was in Sabor on Liberty last week. Their people are very generous and fun.

Was lunch from menu provided or was it guacamole and Rita’s?