Oasis Sky Class Early Flowrider Access

I do somewhat agree with you on a few points. The whole "Spirit of Flowriding" - I'm just not sure I can get with you on that point, but I get where you are coming from. For many, they aren't looking for that spirit, just to ride the wave and have a little fun. It's an activity. They probably don't care much about tips from the line.

I fully agree that if you are jumping the line, it should be one and done, or at least not until some time has passed (hours).

It's just the whole "class hole" thing doesn't sit right with me. I've been on both sides... I may be a regular ***hole sometimes, but it has very little to do with paying to be in a higher class :p If the people standing in line think everyone who is more successful then them is some sort of "class hole" - then why would anyone want to hang out and get tips from them anyways? Even when I was flat broke, I just never looked at successful people with such animosity and hatred, I don't get it.

BNBR you make some very valid points. The class hole thing was something that originates from the flowrider FB page and not me. I just reiterated what was stated there. It is something I'd never state, as my views are not far from yours.

There are jerks everywhere. I've met some, thankfully not many, in the line over the years but you quickly learn who they are and once that is known it is easy from there. It is the genuine people that make the line a great place to pass the time.

Edited by A&L_Ont

BNBR you make some very valid points. The class hole thing was something that originates from the flowrider FB page and not me. I just reiterated what was stated there. It is something I'd never state, as my views are not far from yours.

There are jerks everywhere. I've met some, thankfully not many, in the line over the years but you quickly learn who they are and once that is known it is easy from there. It is the genuine people that make the line a great place to pass the time.

If we end up on the same cruise, I will stand in that line with you and we can make fun of the jumpers together. Can you have a beer in line?

I see it no different with the suite guest jumping the line at the MDR or off the ship...However I don't have a problem with it. Its a perk that RCL has given them and they pay extra for it.

I will be cruising in a Star class suite in Nov this year for the first time. I may use the feature once or twice because my ass will only be up for two seconds and will give everyone a laugh. I wouldn't take advantage of it though.

I see it no different with the suite guest jumping the line at the MDR or off the ship...However I don't have a problem with it. Its a perk that RCL has given them and they pay extra for it.

I will be cruising in a Star class suite in Nov this year for the first time. I may use the feature once or twice because my ass will only be up for two seconds and will give everyone a laugh. I wouldn't take advantage of it though.

Honestly I wouldn't see a problem with that. I really think this boils down to the difference between someone who uses the perk a couple times during the cruise and the people who hangs out with the rest of us flowrider addicts the whole time and consistently abuses the perk.

Edited by Lordnlkon

It seems like I have started a little war here and was not my intention. This is my first suite ever and I got it because we are celebrating our 15th anniversary and wanted to do something nice for my wife. I have no intention in cutting the line, I was just wondering if they have "early access" to the Flowrider as stated on their website under sky class perks. I interpret this as you get to ride before it opens. I am far from a "class hole" as I work my behind off everyday so that I can enjoy nice things while on vacation.

It seems like I have started a little war here and was not my intention. This is my first suite ever and I got it because we are celebrating our 15th anniversary and wanted to do something nice for my wife. I have no intention in cutting the line, I was just wondering if they have "early access" to the Flowrider as stated on their website under sky class perks. I interpret this as you get to ride before it opens. I am far from a "class hole" as I work my behind off everyday so that I can enjoy nice things while on vacation.

I don't you started a war. Just touched on a subject that people have strong opinions about.

I really didn't realize that there was a group that was so passionate about this. My wife and I were just checking out the Facebook page for RCL Flowrider and with some of the comments that are on there, we really don't know if we even want to ride it anymore. I would hate to have our 1st ride ever on the Flowrider get in someone's way of getting their 20 rides a week.

Edited by saintsfan777

I really didn't realize that there was a group that was so passionate about this. My wife and I were just checking out the Facebook page for RCL Flowrider and with some of the comments that are on there, we really don't know if we even want to ride it anymore. I would hate to have our 1st ride ever on the Flowrider get in someone's way of getting their 20 rides a week.

Seriously it's not like that. The guys who cruise just to flowride are almost always willing to help a newbie.

It's all good. It really comes down the "spirit" of riding. I don't think anyone (OK a few might) in the main line begrudge anyone who tries it a few times.

As Lordkon says below here is a difference between the curious suite cruisers who try it VS the person in the suite line all day long. There was a cruiser who abused this perk the first week it was instated and he is reason why the class hole term originated. It was made up by others, not me. This individual is a very good flowrider and has cruised and rode for years. They know the "spirit", but chose to take the selfish road. They lost a lot of respect from fellow riders who thought highly of them.

Just like you, I work my butt off, and unfortunately jealousy has originated this term. I'm a Star and Sky class D+ frequent cruiser, so by some people I'm a class hole by where I have my cabin without even knowing who I am. I know who I am inside, so it doesn't bother me.

IMO the best way to have this perk done is to have open riding for eligible suite cruisers once or twice through the cruise when the wave isn't open to the public. However, it was done differently. Give it a try and if you really like it join the rest folks in line. You will meet great people and have fun passing the time.

Honestly I wouldn't see a problem with that. I really think this boils down to the difference between someone who uses the perk a couple times during the cruise and the people who hangs out with the rest of us flowrider addicts the whole time and consistently abuses the perk.
Edited by A&L_Ont

Make that 20 rides a DAY!:D

You will not be a "problem" as you are in Sky-class and do not get to cut the line anyway....:p

Do you guys complain this much about Fast Passes at theme parks? Do you get a snarky look on your face when you walk through first class on an airplane?

Talk about jealousy, my goodness. Go get a sky/star class cabin if you want to jump the line. Camaraderie between people riding a flow rider on a cruise ship? This is comedy, like the old beach party films. I may just go jump the line to watch and laugh at a bunch of fake surfers pretending to be some sort of club.

saintsfan, if you want to ride the flow rider and consider this a nice perk. Go for it. Don't even concern yourself with a few miserable, snarky, and obscenely jealous folks standing in line.

I agree 100%

You get what you pay for.

Just got off Aug 13 sailing. My kids only rode the morning of day 2 and I watched for about an hour. Didn't notice any priority cutting in line. However while eating breakfast in back of Windjammer, I would notice small group ridding well prior to the advertised 9am opening time. I just assumed it was premium group usage.

I honestly hope the cue jumpers are one and done riders not to be seem again for the rest of the cruise.

That bring up a good point what if they are NOT one and done? can they repeatedly cut the line and go immediately after the next person? What if there are a pair of them and they simply que up in the bypass line while the other class hole rides and then goes & rides while the first class hole ques up again. repeat over and over>>Will the regular line ever move until they leave?

Edited by Lafayette Cruiser

Just got off Aug 13 sailing. My kids only rode the morning of day 2 and I watched for about an hour. Didn't notice any priority cutting in line. However while eating breakfast in back of Windjammer, I would notice small group ridding well prior to the advertised 9am opening time. I just assumed it was premium group usage.

They book private and group lessons at those times.