Onboard Noordam Now

1ANGELCAT

I totally agree that they should supply a statement at the end of the cruise just as you would expect a final bill from a hotel. I use the navigator app and check daily to make sure there have been no erroneous charges, just as I do with online banking to check my credit card expenses. Although the app isn't for everyone, in my opinion it's a far better system than the old days of trying to reconcile a whole bunch of paper chits with the bill at the end of the cruise.

However, my point was there are some guests who do not have, do not use the device required in order to use the navigation 'app' Should we not see o ur bill? I never checked off each slip against the bill, we always had a very good idea what it should be and we never in over 100 HAL cruises had an unpleasant surprise on our bill

IF I wanted a smart phone, I would buy one. i have no wish to own and carry one around.

Edited by sail7seas

Some final thoughts after a very long day yesterday. My flight from Vancouver to Chicago got diverted to Rockford IL due to weather in Chicago. All flights were delayed . I landed in Philadelphia about midnight and got home about 2 AM.

It wasn’t the greatest week weather wise, was really raining coming down thru the passage on Saturday.

The cruise was good and Alaska was outstanding as always.

The PG issue will never be resolved as long as Explore4 exists.

Now only 5 months to go till Nieuw Statendam [emoji568][emoji898]

Indeed , A long day Happy you are safely home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Relax now :)

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam recently and received our final bill the day we disembarked (June 23rd.)

Good news, happy the ' do it yousrelf method ' is not universal to all ships, all cruises

Just confirmed with front office, final stmnt is no longer being delivered to room. Was not sure if fleetwide , its been about 3 weeks here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think of all the money they're saving on paper.

Overall she’s in good shape. The shops and crows nest haven’t been messed with yet.[emoji3]

I did notice some wear and tear on the balcony furniture and some rust spots

She still has a great library on deck 3 .

Dry dock has been postponed until 2019 per the HD.

Pictures of my cabin 4135 are on the site we can’t name.

Overall she’s in good shape. The shops and crows nest haven’t been messed with yet.[emoji3]

I did notice some wear and tear on the balcony furniture and some rust spots

She still has a great library on deck 3 .

Dry dock has been postponed until 2019 per the HD.

Pictures of my cabin 4135 are on the site we can’t name.

Thanks for the info. Toying with the idea of doing the last Alaska cruise this season and visiting son in Vancouver at same time. Air fare is reasonable (in cattle class) and hotels in Van are ok too.

Our last couple of cruises were on Koningsdam and it is so strange to look at the old style staterooms, specially the TV. Almost expect a handle at the side of the TV to crank it up!;p