Vueling Air -- Need to get to Baracelona from Malaga

macor

We will be spending time on the Costa del Sol before arriving in Barcelona for our cruise. The only air that seemed reasonable was Vueling. There does not seem to be much info on it. Have any of you used it? At this point we are thinking of taking the train to Barcelona but we are open for suggestions/advice. Thank you.

We will be spending time on the Costa del Sol before arriving in Barcelona for our cruise. The only air that seemed reasonable was Vueling. There does not seem to be much info on it. Have any of you used it? At this point we are thinking of taking the train to Barcelona but we are open for suggestions/advice. Thank you.

The train may be your best option, no baggage restrictions and long waiting time. There is a route Malaga-Barcelona that appears on the Europe Rail site. Takes 5hr36 starting at around 85$ PP. My experience with train travel in europe has been positive. The service is very efficient and hassle free. We have also done the EasyJet/Ryanair travel between cities. They have particular restrictions & in most cases you have to arrive very early then line up for your seat assignments etc...no where close to a nice relaxing train ride.

We flew Vueling last year and it was fine. It is considered a LCC (Low Cost Carrier). It was cheap for us because we travel light, and you have to be careful with the LCC's and their extra fees. My carry-on is a large leather purse, and my checked bag was 23".

But overall it was a very decent price.

We flew Barcelona to Rome to catch a Celebrity Cruise. (we were in BCN already).

I do remember they played nice music on the plane.

I'm just curious ... what do you define as "nice" music?

Some people like rock, some like opera ... and everything inbetween.

Mura

The band is called Nouvelle Vague. Its hard to explain... New Alternative, Bossa Nova style.

What we liked most about it is that they played it while the plane was flying (softly in the background). Surprisingly, it seemed like it made people talk more quietly (no loud talkers).

Maybe also, it was just a short flight, with a nice feeling, heading to a cruise!!

Thank you - I'm glad I asked. I booked this as an Iberia flight from Barcelona to Paris (about $400 less per person than Air France!) and thought I would need to check in with Iberia.

My Vueling tickets were completely separate from my other tickets.... That is why I knew I had to check-in with Vueling.

You might be different.

Check with Iberia to make sure...

J.

Thanks everyone for all of the feedback. It looks like the train might be the best way to go. Hertz will allow us to pick up at the airport and drop at the train (no extra charge) which will be great. Have any of you done the train from Malaga to Barcelona? We just wondered if it was a scenic ride. I think it will certainly be more relaxing than flying! Thanks again.:)

... Have any of you done the train from Malaga to Barcelona? We just wondered if it was a scenic ride. I think it will certainly be more relaxing than flying! Thanks again.:)

Yes, I have. But it was long ago. Trains I'm sure have improved, and routes too. This was a very slow train, and it took us through incredible spaghetti-western-style deserts that honestly looked like a Clint Eastwood movie. It was beautiful. It was a long trip, but it stopped everywhere--no express trains in those days.

Archived