Which should we do first?

wrg11

Happy Holidays! DH and I want to know if we should purchase our airline tickets or cruise tickets first. Today, we can buy plane tickets. But next Friday (pay day) we can purchase both. We're using FIL friends and family discount so you must pay in full at the time of purchase. What do you suggest? Thanks.

I am a bit different. In my last and the upcoming cruises, I knew the particular week we can go. I found good air price to a popular departure port (Orlando and Fort Lauderdale) so I booked the air first. Then I shopped around for the cruise that meet our preference.

I am a bit different. In my last and the upcoming cruises, I knew the particular week we can go. I found good air price to a popular departure port (Orlando and Fort Lauderdale) so I booked the air first. Then I shopped around for the cruise that meet our preference.

That's good if you can do it but it doesn't always work out that way unfortunately, but hey, if it works for you....go for it

If you're booking the cruise over a year from sail date, book the cruise then wait for the air to open up. Do some research and buy when you like the price.

If air is already available, purchase that first, then cruise. I like the suggestion to put the cruise on hold, buy the air, then finalize the cruise. Air tickets are hard (and expensive) to change.

Archived