Inside, Inside (Upper/Lower), or Inside w/ Porthole? Plus Booking???

skiingj

Anyone have advice on booking an interior? We have an exchange student coming to live with us so we'll probably bring him on a Splendor Thanksgiving cruise. I see they have Inside, Inside (Upper/Lower), or Inside w/ Porthole. They are all the same price. Not sure of any differences other than the obvious. Thanks for the advice!

Also we are thinking since we are both Platinum and the kid is likely a newbie of booking it so the kid is in a Balcony with me. My wife would be in the interior alone so we can get the past guest rate plus $50 OBC. Then once onboard just switch the kid into the interior by himself. Kind of like what people have done to get around Cheers... Thoughts?

We are looking to book before the end of Wave season for reduced deposit.

Jimbo you will be happy!! :cool::cool::cool: - we would be canceling our Royal Symphony cruise for the Splendor!! Do I get bonus points?

How old will this student be? I would be nervous allowing a kid I didn't know to be alone in a cabin. Also, make sure he has the proper visa to enter the US multiple times. And permissions from whoever controls that stuff. EM

I did a mock booking prior to final booking of my next cruise on the Horizon this September. The room choice assignment said it was an Upper/Lower which I assumed was bunks but in looking at the deck plans, it was actually a twin and a sofa bed. I will now make sure to check the deck plans should I book a room with that assignment.

We are currently in an inside upper/lower on the Magic, but the 2 rooms we have are actually a bed plus sofa bed. Score! What ship are you looking at?

Also, don't forget that a person traveling solo in a cabin has to pay an significantly increased fare.

CeleBrat

How old will this student be? I would be nervous allowing a kid I didn't know to be alone in a cabin. Also, make sure he has the proper visa to enter the US multiple times. And permissions from whoever controls that stuff. EM

Male 18. A suite would not be big enough otherwise I'd go that route. I spoke to the agency that manages the program, they said its common to take them on vacation. When its gets closer and after he arrives I will speak with his parents before talking to him. I didn't think about the multiple entry, good point, thanks!

We are currently in an inside upper/lower on the Magic, but the 2 rooms we have are actually a bed plus sofa bed. Score! What ship are you looking at?

Also, don't forget that a person traveling solo in a cabin has to pay an significantly increased fare.

CeleBrat

Splendor. Thanks!