Help with price Look-up, please

Sopwith

I'm looking at Lima to NY, Marina, March 18, 2019. The price quote for cruise only in Canadian $ for a B4 veranda is C$6999. I'm curious to know what they're quoting in US$. If someone could look it up I'd appreciate it.

(I haven't figured out how to access the US website without using a VPN, which I'm not set up for.)

Thanks!

Thanks!

C$6999 / US$5499 = C$1.2728 per US$1.00

The best rate I can get locally today is $1.2759, so I guess their conversion is fair. (Which is not what I expected!)

Not a bad rate

When booked earlier this yr it was $1.35 & bank rate was down about $1.27 ish

so booked in USD

You have to check the rate before you commit what currency to book in :halo:

Yeah a PITA for Canadians

I gave up looking at cruises on their website

There are other sites you can look up prices in USD

google is your friend

Agree. And can't check availability. Have to request a quote and have a rep phone. Sheesh, not going to happen.

I suppose one advantage to booking in C$ this far out, if you're satisfied with O's exchange rate, is that you lock in the rate. You're protected from future increases (but you may lose out if it decreases). The popular wisdom seems to be that the US$ will stay the same or soften slightly against the C$ over the next 6-12 months. However, to say that things affecting the rate are volatile these days would be an understatement.

It’s really a crap shoot. We have three cruises booked in Cdn way before this change. Cdn $ is up so you could say we lost $. But at least we know what we are paying.

We have US $ cc but no trip insurance on it. As this is the only insurance we use, it actually saves us $. We have travel health ins from employment benefits and figure booking this way we have saved thousands. The insurance will get us home to Canada as once here they are off the hook. [emoji57]

I asked our TA if we can still book in USD and the answer is yes. So if booking late and final payment is imminent and the exchange is favourable that would be the way to go.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wouldn't it be only the deposit is protected, until you pay final invoice the the price would stay the same, but the rate could change.

I sure hope not

That would be like you paying a deposit a yr out then the price of the cruise goes up so they raise your fare

We have US $ cc but no trip insurance on it. As this is the only insurance we use, it actually saves us $. We have travel health ins from employment benefits and figure booking this way we have saved thousands. The insurance will get us home to Canada as once here they are off the hook. [emoji57]

Does the credit card ins cover trip cancellation ?

Mine covers us after we leave the Country ..it will get us home but if we cancel prior to the trip we are not covered

I do buy trip cancellation separately & have needed to use it

Does the credit card ins cover trip cancellation ?

Mine covers us after we leave the Country ..it will get us home but if we cancel prior to the trip we are not covered

I do buy trip cancellation separately & have needed to use it

Mine does. Scotia Gold AMEX Travel Card but only up to $2,500 pp.

Mo you are very lucky to not have to cancel

We had to cancel a B2B the morning we were flying to Miami

I suppose we could have self insured but at least we had a refund from ins to cruise again ;)

It is all what you are comfortable with