How many items can I order per room service fee?

You will be fine either way.

I always order a cooked room service breakfast and my wife prefers continental.

When it asked how many in cabin i write 2 but only ordered what i thought was 1 cooked breakfast but when it turned up there was 2 so i was quite full.

On Freedom in June they added tax onto the $7.95 so my bill was $8.56.

I always give the waiter a $3 even in June when there was a charge and every day 2 minutes after they rang my breakfast turned up and it was red hot.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/room-service

I believe it is the same across the whole fleet now.

If you are in a full suite, you can also order from the full main dining room menu during the hours it is open.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Is a Grand Suite considered a full suite?

I always order a cooked room service breakfast and my wife prefers continental.

When it asked how many in cabin i write 2 but only ordered what i thought was 1 cooked breakfast but when it turned up there was 2 so i was quite full.

On Freedom in June they added tax onto the $7.95 so my bill was $8.56.

I always give the waiter a $3 even in June when there was a charge and every day 2 minutes after they rang my breakfast turned up and it was red hot.

Mediterranean.

VAT

We usually do around $5. I’ve seen people do lesser amounts for small orders or more for bigger orders.

ARe you still tipping $5 on top of the $7.95 fee? We will shortly be doing our first cruise since the fee was introduced. We also used to tip around $5 but I wasn't intending to with this fee, which I though included gratuity

ARe you still tipping $5 on top of the $7.95 fee? We will shortly be doing our first cruise since the fee was introduced. We also used to tip around $5 but I wasn't intending to with this fee, which I though included gratuity

Some people say gratuity is included but i still give $3 to whoever brings my breakfast.

First morning it was late but after i tipped every other morning was delivered a couple of minutes after they rang me and the fried eggs were hot and runny just the way i like them and everything else was red hot coffee as well so either a coincidence or more likely a good response to someone who tips them.

We are taking our first cruise since the fee was introduced too, but yes my intention is to still give $5. I figure if I don’t have to walk and get it myself I can at least give the person a little something for doing it!

We are taking our first cruise since the fee was introduced too, but yes my intention is to still give $5. I figure if I don’t have to walk and get it myself I can at least give the person a little something for doing it!

Thats how i feel but even if gratuity is included as i suspect it is because the waiters don't hang around i still give $3 and they are very grateful and surprised and the rest of the week our breakfasts have been very hot and delivered within minutes of the room service phone call to say they are on their way.

On our last cruise we purchased the hot breakfast two mornings but we were never given a receipt, so we couldn't leave a tip. As we don't live in the US we didn't have any $USD and it was a European cruise and we didn't really have any small change to leave in €Euros either.

Only time we've had super-fast room service was when we were in a GS. Otherwise we've always waited at least an hour for food. But that was before the $7.95 fee. We'll probably give it a try on our next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
I understand that you personally have no need for a night time buffet or have any room for it...Not everyone is the same...it's about options for other's...nothing wrong with that.

I'm only 5' tall and can't eat-eat-eat ... well, I can't eat-eat-eat AND feel comfortable , nor can I eat-eat-eat AND wear my bikini.

I must have missed something??? Seems there is charge for room service now. News to me. I did do a search to find out more, but didn't find anything useful.

I did look at the menus posted, and it seems to indicate there is not a charge for Continental breakfast. Is this correct? Because I don't want to pay $7.95 for delivery of a coffee, a bowl of cereal and a banana. Can somebody tell me what the $7.95 charge applies to, and what it doesn't?

I must have missed something??? Seems there is charge for room service now. News to me. I did do a search to find out more, but didn't find anything useful.

I did look at the menus posted, and it seems to indicate there is not a charge for Continental breakfast. Is this correct? Because I don't want to pay $7.95 for delivery of a coffee, a bowl of cereal and a banana. Can somebody tell me what the $7.95 charge applies to, and what it doesn't?

Correct, no charge for continental breakfast ordered during the specified time period.

Thanks, Bob. And many other people will be grateful too. I gotta have coffee, and I'll do what I hafta to get it. It's not a pretty sight to see me staggering around in my nasty old nightie looking for a coffee, believe me!

The charge is for hot bacon, sausage,fried eggs and omelettes,i had them every day on Freedom in June but the charge was $8.56 as tax was added.

The empty the refrigerators on most RC ships to give room in there. Take some snacks with you from the buffet. That said, there is no limit on the amount of room service food per order. Here is quite a bit on that menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One note about milk: My kids like to order cookies & milk at bedtime, but the milk isn't cold. They started ordering hot chocolate instead.

We picked up a few cartoons of milk at WJ and put them in our refrigerator and "yes" it did keep them cold.

The charge is for hot bacon, sausage,fried eggs and omelettes,i had them every day on Freedom in June but the charge was $8.56 as tax was added.

Note for everyone reading this:

He was in the Mediterranean and the tax was VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums