How to prepay gratuities

MommyAJ6

I've seen threads on prepaying or waiting and have decided to prepay but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I went on "manage" my cruise and it only beings me to all the tips and gratuity info, but nothing on prepaying.

So how can I pre-pay this?

Thanks!

Amanda

Another option instead of prepaying gratuities, is to purchase a discounted carnival gift card (search these forums for options and info) and apply the gift card to your onboard account. And you save 10% doing so.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Ohhhhhhh I like that option! Gratuities suck for us because we're 8 people :/

It seems like if your planning on pre -paying the gratuities, you must pay them for everyone in the room.

I tried the add gratuities button as suggested and its mandatory adding my cabinmate but we are each paying our own gratuities so this will not work for us.

It seems like if your planning on pre -paying the gratuities, you must pay them for everyone in the room.

I tried the add gratuities button as suggested and its mandatory adding my cabinmate but we are each paying our own gratuities so this will not work for us.

Thank you!

Whether you pay them now or later doesn't affect the amount.

If you don’t prepay at the time of booking (online), you must call to prepay gratuities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not so..booked in July..finaled in January...prepaid gratuities in March..sailing in May..just go to manage my booking....it is under the insurance option

Not so..booked in July..finaled in January...prepaid gratuities in March..sailing in May..just go to manage my booking....it is under the insurance option

Thanks! That option wasn’t available to me on previous cruises (or perhaps I didn’t notice) and for my next cruise I paid at the time of booking. Good to know that you don’t have to always call!

If my account has the prepaid gratuities set up on it do I have to pay it now (final payment hasn't been made yet)? If not, does that affect my cabin mate if she wants to pay now?

if its added then it will be paid with your final payment. I do not add it to my bill so i can pay that grat after final payment one person at a time times 6 adds up.

I did this too because I wanted to see how much they were going to be and didn’t take them back off since I had already paid final payment and was going to wait a couple more weeks. But then carnival called telling me they were going to cancel since it now appeared like I didn’t pay in full.

So lesson for anyone if you do click the prepay gratuities after final payment, either pay or take them back off.