Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay or JW Marriott Marquis Miami updated

lasnev

Hello,

Couldn't find any newer/updated comments.

Staying one night pre-cruise on a Saturday. Pros or cons?

Using reward points, so price isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance.

The only positive for the Biscayne Bay is you might get a room with a nice view. The JW has some rooms with views too, and all the rooms will have some type of city/building view, you wont be facing a wall. The JW Marquis is fairly new, and its a Marquis so its going to be nicer. Its also in a better location to walk to Brickell for dinner. The distance to the port is not important, they are both really close.

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recommend MMarquis. I have stayed several times using Marriott Points. Nice club area if you have access.

Also be aware Beaux Arts is 'boutique property that takes up top floors. Rooms are really spectacular but I don't think they are available any longer with points (used to be same amount of points as Marquis).

Marquis is a great location - easy walk to much dining plus a great hotel rest/lounge, DB Moderne.

JW Marriott Marquis is stunnig, close to Brickell and you may be able to see the pier...I was.

Biscayne Bay has rooms with better views, EXCELLENT mojitos and if you are Marriott elite, you get a full breakfast buffet in the restaurant, which is excellent. The concierge lounge is small and they do the fill breakfast for space reasons, and as an added amenity for gold and platinum members.

There is also a JW Marriott (not marquis) that is also nice.

I had a huge suite upgrade at the jwmm, and their CL is lovely, but the food and drinks are better at BB. Celeb Chef Daniel Bouloud (sp) has db bistro at the jwmm...I did not eat there.

I usually do BB pre cruise and JWMM post!

ETA, if you have points and status?? JWMM all.day! So worth it....and if you snag a sweet suite upgrade? The bellman said my room was bigger than a lot of Miami apartments! (but the mojito was not that good...lmao)

Sent from the cat's Galaxy S8

We walk around various areas before or after dinner:

Mary Brickell Village (lots of restaurants and some stores) about 20 minute walk

Brickell Centre (lots of stores and starting to get restaurants). Same distance and opened last year.

Bayside (more on the touristry side) but about a five minute walk with shops and restaurants)

You are also very close to the American Airlines Centre. We have gone to various events there during our stays in Miami.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I've always stayed at Marriott biscayne but this time I used my points and upgraded at the JW Marriott. Excited to see everyone chose this as I kept wondering if I made the right decision [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We walk around various areas before or after dinner:

Mary Brickell Village (lots of restaurants and some stores) about 20 minute walk

Brickell Centre (lots of stores and starting to get restaurants). Same distance and opened last year.

Bayside (more on the touristry side) but about a five minute walk with shops and restaurants)

You are also very close to the American Airlines Centre. We have gone to various events there during our stays in Miami.

Keith

Was the new Brickell City Centre opened yet when y'all were here last? If not you need to put it on your list. Very impressive.

Was the new Brickell City Centre opened yet when y'all were here last? If not you need to put it on your list. Very impressive.

Yes, we were there in January and it had opened a few months earlier. In January the new hotel was opened along with several stores and several restaurants were getting ready to open.

Keith

dsc00079_orig.jpg

dsc00078_orig.jpg