Celebrity xpedition

npj57

Uis this a truly adventurous experience? Will be able to cruise in zodiac, snorkel, kayak and hike. Is dinner a set time with the same group each night? Are there ample places on board to relax outside of the cabin?

Uis this a truly adventurous experience? Will be able to cruise in zodiac, snorkel, kayak and hike. Is dinner a set time with the same group each night? Are there ample places on board to relax outside of the cabin?

It is a wonderful experience and one I would gladly do again. Dinner is not a set time and no, you can dine with anyone you would like to. Or you can eat with different people each night. Its up to you who you want to dine with. There are several areas to relax in. One of our favorites was the lounge area. It was the meeting place for our cruise.

Laura

Have a look at the large thread under the roll calls for Celebrity Xpedition. The thread has been going for quite a few years, and almost any question you have about this trip has been asked and answered lots of times.

We loved the Xpedition and the Galapagos adventure. It was all inclusive, so all excursions are included. You will get to hike and snorkel, but not kayak. You will ride in a zodiac a few times each day. Dinner was between set hours, but on our cruise, most people went right after the evening de-brief for the following day. You can sit where you like and with whoever you like. There are various sized tables. There are lots of places to relax outside of your cabin, mostly people would sit together and talk about what they had seen on the islands and share photos. But there were quite areas as well if you wanted to just close your eyes and relax.

Just to re-iterate what the others said - go to the Roll Call thread for more info than you could ever want - I read it religiously for at least a year and was fully prepared! AMAZING trip - unlike any other cruise (should almost be branded differently). Small room but too exhausted to do anything else. Some loungers up on the sun deck but had enough sun from the excursions each day. Met incredible people and dined with a similar group of them most nights right after the presentation for the next day. Trying to plan a new vacation and everything is a 'let down' compared to our Galapagos adventure!! I mean snorkeling with sea lions and turtles, really??? How do you beat that?

The overall answer, ignoring your questions, is that this is just an outstanding cruise...and will probably be the best cruise you take in your life.

As far as your specific questions. The only way to from the boat is by zodiac..it never docks. All provisions, your luggage come on the boat via zodiac...and all excursions use the zodiacs.

No kayaking and any hiking you do will be with a licensed national park guide, by law. The fact is that you will travel on excursions with a small (10 people or so) group that stays together on marked paths. you MUST stay in the marked area, again by law. This is not at all restrictive in reality, but you can't just wander off on your own.

You won't find a private little hideaway to sun bathe on the ship...it's only 298' long. On the other hand, you will not have time to sun bathe...you will be on excursions in the morning and afternoon, returning to the boat for drinks and dinner. And no, there is no swimming pool...it's not that type of trip. If you insist on being a loner, get a balcony room..but I think you'll find that you are never in your room so you will wonder why you spent the extra money.

Read the reviews (mine is one of the early ones)...they are almost universally outstanding and cover every aspect of the ship and the cruise.

My suggestion is to book it now and then read up on why you signed up :)

Thanks to all of you who replied. We did book and were very lucky to get 5 cabins for our extended family of 10 for Christmas this year. The sailing is now sold out so really glad we booked when we did. I appreciate your advice!

At night, there is great star gazing on the top deck forward. Very quiet. We only had company one night. The other nights we were alone. We went up there after dinner. Very quiet and relaxing after a busy day.

There are lounge chairs on that deck, if you want to relax and watch the ocean or islands. Also an Aft areas with tables and chairs to watch the world go by.

Thanks to all of you who replied. We did book and were very lucky to get 5 cabins for our extended family of 10 for Christmas this year. The sailing is now sold out so really glad we booked when we did. I appreciate your advice!

That is wonderful so glad you book. Have a wonderful cruise with your family.

Laura

Archived