Could not Board Fascination in Jacksonville Today. Any hope?

s7r2

I just happened to click on this link and just couldn't stop reading until I read all posts!

I am really sorry that the OP missed his cruise with his family but I am sure life's lessons will benefit many from his own family to everyone who read of his plight. That in itself was worth the read, but in addition, we got to see the good side of so many CC posters for a change. It appears some posts were deleted but still it leaves a strand of hope that this site could still be the cruise friendly domain it once was.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but over the past couple of years, threads have become almost useless to new cruisers due to the conflicting information given, and it takes a saint pretty much to read through everything to get even a shred of good advice once you get past the flaming of others who have contributed. Had I been met with this environment when I first joined, I would have run as fast as I could. Even the roll calls for particular cruises are effected. Maybe it is a result of other media options, but I would venture to guess a lot of it has to do with the negative feelings one deals with after surfing the CC threads. Though there are still a few with good vibes, thoughts, genuine knowledge, and respect for the opinion of others, it seems most often this has become a site for menaces who only want to reek havoc and stir the pot.

This particular thread shared a ray of hope, a overall positive attitude to most that contributed. Thanks so much to the OP and all that shared. In the arena of "life lessons", this has been a fine example of what a forum such as this should be.

Yup, comes here for sympathy, we invest time feeling sorry, then bam..gone.:(

I think he was great how he handled himself and maybe he is enjoying his family or just thinks it is over..it was a long haul for him...not upset at all..I did not read every thing but if he said he would get back sometime..he will and if he forgets he was a class act IMHO..of course you are allowed yours too..just do not feel that way...

• 4 months later...

Hi all. I hope you are well. I just returned from my first cruise since the last issue I created for myself. We boArded the sunshine for an 8 day voyage without issue!

Funny how smoothly things work when you have all the paperwork! I was well equipped this time with passport,passport card, paper birth certificate, and birth certificate card! Wanted to share the update with all of the kind people who invested time and care into my self-created issues a few months ago.

I probably won't book sunshine again for a while but the sunshine is a beautiful ship. We enjoyed ourselves very much. Now I have to figure out a way to catch up to my wife. She has 5 more sea days towards our diamond quest than I do.

Thanks again for all your time and experience!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies that I have not posted until now. I didn't realize I was leaving anyone hanging. Apologies for the oversight. To fill in the gap of time I made it down to pickup my family from the port. We were all glad to see each other. After that I kept on the lookout for the next opportunity to cruise. Ran into an opportunity. To book a last minute trip on the sunshine at travel agent rate. I jumped on it and the rest is history. Now I am back home working on the next opportunity to cruise with carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just stumbled on this and I share with all of the posters how impressed we all were at your great attitude! It was a great read and I am glad you were able to take a longer cruise with your family! We are going on the Sunshine in August and I swear I will remember our brand new passports. We only live 30 mins from the port so if I forget I will have time to drive home and get them! Safe and happy sailings to you!

I'm glad your makeup cruise was successful. This thread reminded me of my own goof. DH, 5 kids and I were going skiing on a Monday. We lived in Denver at the time. On Sunday afternoon, we took all the kids to rent skis and boots so we wouldn't have to waste time on Monday. We also bought our lift tickets. Now we could go from the parking lot directly to the lift! What a good idea! We will save so much time! Then, to save even more time, we left home early enough to beat rush hour. We get up in the mountains and it dawns on me, I don't have the tickets! They're in my fannypack at home. I scare everyone when I holler STOP! We have to go back, the tickets are dated. We hit rush hour coming AND going. By the time we get on the slopes my name is Mud. I felt terrible.

On TV RCI worked with several people like that. They were able to get a BC faxed to them in one instance. Someone could have gone to your house. .got the Bc and faxed it? Or was the Court house open? The Fascination sails on Monday. court houses are open.

did you try to get Carnival to work with you? Maybe only RCI does this?

On TV RCI worked with several people like that. They were able to get a BC faxed to them in one instance. Someone could have gone to your house. .got the Bc and faxed it? Or was the Court house open? The Fascination sails on Monday. court houses are open.

did you try to get Carnival to work with you? Maybe only RCI does this?

It was a holiday. MLK day.

Yup, comes here for sympathy, we invest time feeling sorry, then bam..gone.:(

I the OP was trying to let all of us know what will happen when you leave important documents at home and how to handle the situation with class. Most people would have dragged the whole family home, yet he took the high road and allow his family to cruise without him. His 16 year old daughter should be proud of him.

Our Car has a "secret" drawer. I often put our documents in the drawer a few days before we leave.

This time....and forever I am ALWAYS going to put the black passport folder in which I carry Passports, etc. in that drawer. And my car, the one we use to drive to Port, remains locked in the garage after I put them there.... until we leave. We keep it there so we can pack it piece by piece. And go over it.....check our lists. Nothing like leaving your nightgowns and slippers. at home and then Having to troop to the shops when they open.(.on the first evening when prices are high)....to find something that will do. Nothing like this emergency but still...............irritating. And expensive.

We should all heed this situation. It could happen to all of us. We are packing now for a cruise in two weeks. And we are getting better organized thanks to this Post.