Liberty of the Seas My Time Dining Deck

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I've cruised RCL before but need to know how MTD works exactly, do I need to schedule a reservation time for each night (and if so, do I do this pre-cruise or on the first day) or do we just show up whenever? We have a party of 4 and I'd love to have the same waitstaff. Thanks!

Hi all! I've cruised RCL before but need to know how MTD works exactly, do I need to schedule a reservation time for each night (and if so, do I do this pre-cruise or on the first day) or do we just show up whenever? We have a party of 4 and I'd love to have the same waitstaff. Thanks!

Your choice.

Book all nights before your cruise in your Cruise Planner.

Book all nights when you board by going to the host/ess stand at the dining room (usually starting at 1 P.M.)

Book each night by calling from your cabin or when you are leaving each night for the next night.

Just show up.

So many choices! ;)

Your choice. You can schedule times pre-cruise or onboard. You can just show up. You can do a combination.

My experience has been if you book ahead - even just that day - you have a better chance of getting the same wait staff - which is part of the charm of the main dining room, in my opinion. You may have to wait a bit if you just show up - but don't know - never done it that way before. LOVE My Time Dining!

We will be on her next April and was wondering which dining room it will be in. Do you have a choice?

Thank You.

If you decide to go with traditional seating you will be assigned to either deck 4 or 5 but if you go with MTD then it will be on deck 3. There is no major difference between the three except for the decor on each is a little different.

liberty-of-the-seas-dining_x369_21.jpg

How has the service been with MTD on Liberty the last few months? I haven't sailed her since 2016 and we did MTD but we sailed the first week she was out of dry dock so alot of new crew was on-board. I swore I would never do MTD again after that trip.

BUT, now our daughter is a bit older and we're currently scheduled for 8pm seating. I really only think we would go to the MDR more than one night but would consider more with MTD.