Position of beds in anthem balconies

vaka08

This thread is very informative and a good database for future cruisers.

Does anybody know the layout of cabin 8660 on the Anthem? It has the triangle so my guess would be sofabed near the balcony but I'm sure somebody here can help me be more sure.

Thank you!

Due to the way the cabins are designed, all those with sofa beds have the bed by the bath and sofa by the balcony. This way it allows the sofa bed to get opened much easier.

Using this you can often figure out which cabins have which configuration as the cabins on either side will have the bed by the balcony since it will not have a sofa bed.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Due to the way the cabins are designed, all those with sofa beds have the bed by the bath and sofa by the balcony. This way it allows the sofa bed to get opened much easier.

Using this you can often figure out which cabins have which configuration as the cabins on either side will have the bed by the balcony since it will not have a sofa bed.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! This confirms what I thought.

Being the 3 of us in a cabin, we prefer the sofabed by the balcony to avoid bumping on it at night when going to the bathroom. Unless somebody suggest otherwise, we will go that way.

Edited by Buenor
Typo

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The bed would be by the balcony in 7244

Ken, thank you, that's what I wanted to hear. I'd thought it might be after reading forum threads and examining deckplans but still wasn't too confident. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have to confess I'm a bit confused. I looked at several decks on Anthem and saw numerous cabins with the triangle indicating sleeping 3 or 4 (sofa by balcony). So does this mean all other balcony cabins without a triangle have the beds by the bathroom ? When I do a search ,I never get to see these available cabins because we are only 2 people. Is there other cabins (that sleep 2 people) with the sofa by the balcony ?

11 minutes ago, wee-haggis said:

I have to confess I'm a bit confused. I looked at several decks on Anthem and saw numerous cabins with the triangle indicating sleeping 3 or 4 (sofa by balcony). So does this mean all other balcony cabins without a triangle have the beds by the bathroom ? When I do a search ,I never get to see these available cabins because we are only 2 people. Is there other cabins (that sleep 2 people) with the sofa by the balcony ?

The balconies are built in pairs, so you go to a connecting pair of balconies which are denoted with a double arrow between them.  The cabin on the left will have bed by balcony, cabin on right has bed by bathroom.  You can then count by twos to get to a cabin you are trying to figure out.  Sofabeds are always the right side of a pair, if there is a sofabed.

OK...thanks.    I did a bit of checking around (3 different brokers including Royal Caribbeans own website) and I found the following. When I put in my request search for 2 passengers, it will never show me a Triangle cabin or a double arrow(right side) cabin on any level. Its almost as if they now block someone like me (with 2 passengers) obtaining a balcony cabin with the sofa by the balcony. Are there other cabins that are not Triangle or Double Arrow that have the sofa by the balcony ?